Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 04:36 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Oh my... what a precious little girl you have there. She truly had to be on death's door when you got her, but looks to be doing much better now. It's wonderful thing you're doing for her, and your Good Karma balance sheet is definitely in the red.
Thanks for posting the pics & please keep us updated.

Yes, she was not expected to make it the night. My friend, the vet tech I took her to right after getting her was shocked when I reported weight gain. And now, 2 weeks later, she has gained a full 6 ounces - double her initial weight.

I wish I could take/post videos of her. She is spunky, fearless, playful, silly,... all the things a kitten should be. She is learning how to groom herself (I still have to help sometimes), and she is sweet and cuddly. She still fits in one hand and alternates between biting and licking us. They both hurt when it's on it the lip.

Today I heard her mew!! First time. She looks like she's making the sound but neither of us heard her. Today, she was very unhappy with me cleaning her butt and there was no mistaking her displeasure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 05:07 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,986,772 times
Oh my goodness....such a cute fluffball!

Great job on the weight gain!!!!!

Old 05-14-2014, 05:15 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Excellent! She'll be cleaning herself before too long and growing like a little weed!

Old 05-14-2014, 06:32 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
That's wonderful news, especially about the weight gain. Sounds like she's going to make it ok.
Good job.

Just curious... are you going to keep her?

Old 05-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Yes, unless a family/person comes along that would be a better fit for her than we are. I don't see it happening. For a lot of months, she is going to require special care that most people don't expect to do with a cat/kitten.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:25 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Yes, unless a family/person comes along that would be a better fit for her than we are. I don't see it happening. For a lot of months, she is going to require special care that most people don't expect to do with a cat/kitten.
Then she's found herself a wonderful home.
Ceiling cat is smiling.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 PM

And yet more weight. Today she weighs 13.75 ounces! She is getting closer and closer to that full pound. She is now reaching out towards the dog (52 pound mountain cur) and ran across the bed to the 4 yr old kitty who stayed until she bit him on the leg!

We aren't letting her play on the floor - too much chance of her getting into something or getting hurt, or even the dog putting her paw on the kitty. We turned out bed into a playground for her during the day. It's amazing how simple it is to rearrange pillows, put a small box in the middle, then use a dangling toy to get her to run in circles. Ah, but little smarty-pants figured out that she can get the mouse by jumping onto the box and leaping off onto the mouse!

As soon as we are back into the warm temps, we're putting a small children's pool out on the deck for her to rampage in and around. It won't be for alone play as we have too many hawks. Luckily my dog already alerts us to them as she is protective of our large kitties, but we will stay out with her anyway. Besides, we like our deck.

New pic tomorrow.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:10 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
No new pics of the Tribble taken - yes, we've changed her name.....
You've done a wonderful job with her.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:51 PM

Thanks. Wish I could get some pics taken that aren't fuzzy. She has discovered 2 new speeds: fast and faster and leaping. I took over a dozen pics and she looks like a hairy blob - lol. I will get help with taking pics of her but tonight I have the animal shelter board meeting.

BTW, she is such a lovebug.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:01 PM

Default Newest pics

Trying new way to upload pic here. If it worked, this is Tribble attacking rescue dog/now service dog Puppers.
\
2nd pic is of Tribble licking Puppers' ear and 3rd is Puppers licking the kitten.
Attached Thumbnails
Miracle kitten-tribbleattackspuppers.jpg   Miracle kitten-tribblelickingpuppersear.jpg   Miracle kitten-pupperslickingtribble.jpg  

Last edited by NY Annie; 05-20-2014 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Got it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats