Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 02:03 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,926,767 times

Advertisements

I recently saw a great (old, from 1974) movie I'd never heard of before called Harry and Tonto. It starred Art Carney as an old man with his cat. He was being forced out of his apartment building and decided to take a trip with his cat. Note: Have some tissues handy. I cried at the end.

I thought--how did I not know about this movie?! I thought we could share other movies with cats in them so we can all learn about them! I'll start off with a few others.

Bolt: A Disney animated movie primarily about a dog, but there is a cat named Mittens who is in the majority of the movie. She had been abandoned by her previous owners. A heartwarming story.

A Streetcat Named Bob: Both a book and a movie. The movie was made in the UK and featured Bob as himself. I've read/seen both, and they are good. The movie has some things changed, but it's still a good flick.

Breakfast at Tiffany's: A classic, probably everyone has seen this one.

Keanu: Not a movie for everyone, rated R (violence, drugs). It was ok, but both DH and I wished there were more scenes with Keanu in them.

Puss in Boots: The animated Dreamworks version/spin off of the Shrek series. I recently re-watched this and it's a pretty good story.

The Aristo-Cats: The old Disney film.

Garfield: The live-action movie from 10 or so years ago. It was ok, but in all honesty, I still hear Lorenzo Music's voice as Garfield, not Bill Murray.

Share some other cat-themed movies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
'The Adventures of Milo and Otis", a Japanese movie about an orange tabby cat and a pug. Very sweet and moving, and not scary for little kids either.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:48 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,926,767 times
How could I forget Homeward Bound! Another good flick about two dogs and a cat, good for any age.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:51 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
A really old one from Disney... 'That Darned Cat'. Rather disappointing if your a hard-core cat person, but not a bad movie.

Nice thread, Rene

And while I'm thinking about it.... wouldn't it be cool if they would make a movie about a cats daily life. You know, all their trials and tribulations and disappointments of living with us clueless and inept humans.... from their point of view.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:19 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
A really old one from Disney... 'That Darned Cat'. Rather disappointing if your a hard-core cat person, but not a bad movie.

Nice thread, Rene

And while I'm thinking about it.... wouldn't it be cool if they would make a movie about a cats daily life. You know, all their trials and tribulations and disappointments of living with us clueless and inept humans.... from their point of view.
Haha! I remember that one! What I remember most is my mother telling everyone later the story of how the guy checking his mail over and saying "Bills, bills bills...." and I piped up out loud in the theater..."He sounds like you mom!"

Don't forget Thomasina. The movie wasn't really very well done, and you can clearly tell more than one ginger cat was used. But still..the story itself (Paul Gallico) is so wonderful..if you are watching cat movies, you need to add that to your list.

Better yet, read the book.

And since animation is allowed...let's not forget The Aristocats. One of my favorites.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:32 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,850 times
Kedi. It's a documentary about stray domesticated cats in Istanbul. Pretty interesting.

Kedi (2016) - IMDb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKq7UqplcL8

Old 03-05-2018, 05:32 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
I haven't seen it in years but the very first movie that popped into my head is The Three Lives of Thomasina. 1960s era Disney. Then on the entirely other end of the spectrum would be Cat People. And of course the classic Born Free.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:37 PM

6,931 posts, read 218,503 times
In You Only Live Twice (James Bond)- The villain had a large white cat.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SullyinOhio View Post
In You Only Live Twice (James Bond)- The villain had a large white cat.
That would be good old Blofeld, and IIRC Donald Pleasance play him that time. I always thought that using a Persian for his cat was a good piece of casting.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I haven't seen it in years but the very first movie that popped into my head is The Three Lives of Thomasina. 1960s era Disney. Then on the entirely other end of the spectrum would be Cat People. And of course the classic Born Free.
Cat People......
Would that be the 80's version with Natasia Kinski ? Thought it was a good movie, and I think that's where my love of large black cats started. Love story with a sad ending though.

Last edited by catdad7x; 03-06-2018 at 01:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats