Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,933 times

Advertisements

We have 3 cats-1 is newer to the house and the other two (male and female) are about 7 years old and have been with us since they were kittens. We got a dog last year a choc. lab/golden retriever puppy. The two males like the dog. The female cat loathes the dog. She looks at us like, "How dare you bring that animal into MY home." LOL. She's pathetic. So for the past year Lady would only come up from the basement once the dog, Shelby, was put into her crate. Now that Shelby is allowed more roaming in the house and sleeps in a portion of our room at night outside of the crate, Lady is getting adventureous and comes out more often, but still will not go near the dog.

So we were sitting on the sofa the other night and the dog was sleeping on it next to my husband. Lady comes out of the kitchen, and slinks into the family room. I look at my husband and say, "Hey-look who's getting brave." She obviously couldn't see the dog on the sofa from where she was. She walks over and jumps on my husband's lap. Well the dog perked up and if a cat could talk and say, "Oh S***!!" she would have! The look on her face was hysterical. She jumped off and ran out of there so fast. The poor dog jumped off the couch and just looked like, "Hey, where'd she go? I thought she was going to play?!" Cracked me up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 07:24 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,769 times
Too funny. Thanks for sharing your story. I needed something to make me smile today

Old 05-11-2008, 11:50 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,090 times
Cute story! Don't you love them when they get "that look" of "Oh S***!"?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 AM

331 posts, read 1,384,692 times
it certainly is funny. For the most part our dog doesn't bother our cats, but our Golden Retriever rent-a-dog does, because she is a 6 mo old puppy, she isn't broken yet.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:01 PM

3 posts, read 7,425 times
I bet they always make your day. That's one thing pets bring in your home. Fun! I want to share something funny too! I know you have never seen as smart as this pet before! Take a look! The smartest dog in the world!

Old 10-01-2010, 03:25 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
Yaeh, I love that "Oh S***" look!

I don't know about "smart", but that dog spent more time on its two hind legs than I've ever seen. And it dances better than many people do. Cats just aren't that eager to please, but as the highest form of life, they don't need to be.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,312 times
great story! I know the Oh S+++ look all to well myself.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:43 PM

18,051 posts, read 15,649,855 times
My golden (now deceased) used to give me the look that meant, "I said I liked cats, I didn't mean we had to GET one!" heh.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:26 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Among my little furry pack are one black and white cat named Patches who is about a year plus a bit and a three month old puppy named Gumby. When they first met the dog and cat ended up sitting down together on the floor while all the other cats vanished. Gumby is of misclenous breed, curly tail, stand up flooping ears, beautiful markings long legs and short body. No idea what all is in there but he's all puppy.

He and the cat play. When it seems to be too rough I try to seperate them but the cat comes right back and teases more, and eventuallythere is a puppy yelp when kitty is done. But lately when the dog comes in to go to bed (and sleep on top of me), the cat does too. And the last few days I notice the pup missing and find both of them curled up sound asleep on the bed. When the dog was outside and the cat woke up he came out calling and looking since his dog wasn't there. He plays with my beagle too, but nothing quite as solid a relationship as with Gumby.

The puppy and the male cats get along great. The other male bats him and puppy backs off but they sit next to each other. My four year old female nichnamed snot face for attitude reasons? She just hisses when he looks like he's going to bug her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats