Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 03:54 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about Molly.
Thank you, Ohiogirl. The other cats, River, Punkin aka Pretty Girl, and Inky, are quite affected by this. Their mealtime is way off, their food consumption is maybe half of what's normal--this started when Molly was sick--and they sleep more during the day. Punkin has been holed up for maybe 10-12 hours in a quiet hidey-hole which Molly sometimes frequented. River ate half her lunch, the other two didn't even come out for lunch.

I feel cold now, I'm pretty warm blooded normally so I don't feel the cold much but now I feel a bit chilly in the house. That's since Molly died.

I'm going to ask around the vets (who missed the boat totally on how dangerous Molly's red eye was) to see about taxidermy and about support groups for pet griefwork. I'm not optimistic about their knowing much about either.

Meanwhile, meanwhile. We do our best. We miss our Molly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2023, 11:29 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
I am so sorry for your loss of Molly. The other cats are grieving and trying to adjust. Please take care.

Old 02-01-2023, 10:38 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
You know my heart goes out to you. Molly sounds amazing, and it must be a very comforting image to see her with your wife.

Big hugs for you & your remaining sweeties!

Old 02-01-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I am so sorry for your loss of Molly. The other cats are grieving and trying to adjust. Please take care.
Thank you Navyshow. Yes, things are different around here now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
You know my heart goes out to you. Molly sounds amazing, and it must be a very comforting image to see her with your wife.

Big hugs for you & your remaining sweeties!
Thanks so much, karen. We love our babies, we just love them. I miss her so much, the place seems empty without her. No warm cuddly furry little love in my lap whenever I sit down. She's in mommy's lap now, and in God's hands.

Old 02-02-2023, 01:33 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
The other cats, River, Punkin aka Pretty Girl, and Inky, are quite affected by this.
Of course they are - they don't know where Molly is, and they miss her. It's amazing to see how much pets grieve just the same as we do. Love them all as much as you can, give them lots of attention. Eventually they'll settle into life without her.

Quote:
I'm going to ask around the vets (who missed the boat totally on how dangerous Molly's red eye was) to see about taxidermy and about support groups for pet griefwork
Do check around for grief support. Our local emergency vet runs a weekly group both virtually and in person. I didn't take advantage of it - although in retrospect maybe I should have - but have heard nothing but good things about the group.

Best to you. Hang in there. Give your cats a pet from me.

Old 02-04-2023, 11:59 AM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times
We've rescued several senior cats in our time and when they're gone its always hard to take. May tomorrow be a better day.

Old 02-05-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Of course they are - they don't know where Molly is, and they miss her. It's amazing to see how much pets grieve just the same as we do. Love them all as much as you can, give them lots of attention. Eventually they'll settle into life without her.

Do check around for grief support. Our local emergency vet runs a weekly group both virtually and in person. I didn't take advantage of it - although in retrospect maybe I should have - but have heard nothing but good things about the group.

Best to you. Hang in there. Give your cats a pet from me.
Thank you, Ohiogirl. Yes I believe they're grieving and confused. Someone who was always here, isn't.

I've checked a couple of vets, no results so far. I'll check the pet ERs too. I've been in grief groups before, certainly there's something somewhere around here.
I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
We've rescued several senior cats in our time and when they're gone its always hard to take. May tomorrow be a better day.
Amen to that, Driver. This will be slow and take time, that's what it's looking like so far. Thanks for the good wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats