Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 08:55 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times

Advertisements

My younger cat Mirk has been sneezing explosively now for about two months. He has big boogers on his nose in the morning that I clean off and he sneezes constantly.
He loves to snuggle and rub his head up against me, but when he sneezes, he sprays feline mucus everywhere, gets my arm, my hands, and he's even sneezed in my face.
I've been so disgusted I've pushed him away when he gets too close and I cover my mouth and nose with a throw when he lays on me.
I know he doesn't have a bacterial infection because I treated his gum disease with Erythromycin and it disappeared.
Any ideas?
I just can't stand being sneezed on and cats just sneeze when it hits.
Allergies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 09:06 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
It could either be allergies or an Upper Resp. Infection. If it's Upper resp. then it could be viral as opposed to bacterial, either way I say a visit to the vet is in order. Even if he's current on all of his feline vaccination, he could have a suppressed immune system to where he can still contract felines illnesses.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:32 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times
Just one suggestion....TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 01:24 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Take the cat to the vet. My cat was older, but she started sneezing like that and it was cancer. She had a tumor growing in her nose and eventually had to be put to sleep. Yours is probably too young for that, but she should be seen right away.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:05 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Take the cat to the vet. My cat was older, but she started sneezing like that and it was cancer. She had a tumor growing in her nose and eventually had to be put to sleep. Yours is probably too young for that, but she should be seen right away.
Thank you all very much for your suggestions. To the vet he will go.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:39 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
MoMark, is there an update on your cat?

Old 05-04-2007, 07:39 PM

489 posts, read 2,014,593 times
How is your cat, MoMark? What did the vet say?

Old 05-05-2007, 07:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
I sent momark a PM last night. Apparently his cat is o.k., but he is a little under the weather.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:28 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Sounds like kitty might need a steroid shot for allergies! My cat sneezed all the time (my old girl, may she rest in peace), had to have a shot every 6 months to control her allergies.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 12,214 times
Please take your cat to the vet and have them check for a tumor. My male feline had a lump located near his throat, just under the chin and sneezed the same mucus as you described. I took him to one vet, that I had been going to for ten (10) years, she had a new (to her practise) vet check him out, and her diagnosis was "nothing is wrong, he has a slight cold". He continued to have the sneezing mucus and NO other symptoms. But over the course of two (2) years the lump grew, and he continued to sneeze green mucus, and powerful sneezes produced projected mucus onto walls, me and everywhere else he happened to be looking. In just one (1) day he became very ill, all the classic symptoms of a cat in trouble. I took him to another vet entirely, unfortunately euthanasia took place due to failing liver. I asked the vet to do a biopsy on the tumor to see if it really was cancerous. Two (2) pieces of tissue was analyzed. Comments were noted as such: "Lack of differentiation prevented giving specific nomenclature to this tumor. Possibilities with high probability are histiocytic sarcoma, pleomorphic sarcoma, and poorly differentiated malignant melanoma. Tumors with these cytologic features usually do not carry a favorable prognosis."
So please do you and your feline a favor.
If you don't like what one (1) vet says, find another that will not just take your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats