Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 821 times

Advertisements

Our cat who is 15 yrs. old and was only ever a indoor cat got out of our hse. 2 nights ago. He never did this before, never tried to leave our hse. He has yet to come home. We are so heartbroken. I keep going out and looking for him. I have put up flyers, called all the vets and to say the least I have been crying non stop. I can't believe how much my heart is hurting. I thought in the beginning that he was just lost or something, but from reading this site I'm starting to think he might have wanted to be alone to die. I keep hoping that he will be at our door.But I think I may be hoping for to much. I just want to say good bye to him and let him know how much I love him. And hold him in my arms one last time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 08:32 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
I really hope your cat is OK and he comes home. It does break your heart to lose them and it must be so much worse when you don't get a chance to say goodbye. But if that's what he did, he must have really felt a need to do it. If you say goodbye and tell him with your heart how much he meant to you, I always believe that they know.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:34 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
Take heart in the stories of cats being found more than a thousand miles from home but returned because of microchips or tags. or even more miraculous the cats who go missing one day and then turn up back home after as much as 10 years. Nobody knows where they are been or how they got so far away.

I think every one of us would agree that our cats WANT to be outside but we know it is safest for them to stay indoors. We get all sorts of toys, make up games, buy harnesses and strollers and even get a pet for our pet to keep them entertained. But the truth is many cats get very used to being inside and pampered and they do not suffer at all.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I think every one of us would agree that our cats WANT to be outside but we know it is safest for them to stay indoors. We get all sorts of toys, make up games, buy harnesses and strollers and even get a pet for our pet to keep them entertained. But the truth is many cats get very used to being inside and pampered and they do not suffer at all.
I have a cat who became a 100% indoor cat four years ago. (He was an indoor/outdoor cat previously.) He adapted immediately. No problems. Today I can open an outside door and he runs into the other room. It's like he said, "No more problems for me, friends. Got everything I need right here. Not going out. No way, no how. Please feed me."

Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
Mizdaisy31. Have you found your cat yet? I hope he comes home soon.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:51 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,797,863 times
Yes, I believe they do. They have in my case - even indoor cats. Sad.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,179,640 times
Cats have their dignity and don't like to be around anyone when they aren't at their best. It seems that way to me, at any rate.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
Feral cats hide. Non-feral cats will hide in a fairly conspicuous place, like under a coffee table. They want to be near you, but not with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats