Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Although they never "officially" came out, I think most people were surprised when it was revealed that James Dean was gay, and Rock Hudson being the first really high profile AIDS case was sort of a coming out because everyone though Rock Hudson was as straight and macho as they come. Other legendary movie stars later revealed to be gay were Greta Garbo, Sal Mineo, Ramon Novarro, etc.
Dean wasn't gay, he was quite avowedly bisexual. Although he did sleep with men he still loved women. Same with Brando. Not too sure about Montgomery Clift, though, but I think he was bi too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 09:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
There were honestly people shocked Sean Hayes is gay? Honestly I shook my head at a lot of those. Not a good list having Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert either, perhaps the 2 most flamboyant gay men in America. Why didn't they include more people no one guessed were gay like Robert Reed or Billy Bean?
If Sean Hayes turned out to be straight he'd be the best actor in the world!

Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,013,787 times
Um, did anyone EVER see Wham (George Michael) do "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go"? Could you have thought he was straight in that video? It just was never a big deal or surprise.

You know, I've read this entire thread and there have been a few that surprised me, I admit. I don't read every mag or entertainment show to really know all the details of who people hang out with...but it seems to me a better thing to not hide it. I would think more of Tom Cruise, let's say, to say he actually was gay than to hear that his "fake" marriages were all contracted. Of course, this is a rumor so what the heck do I know?

For example, if Jake G. is really gay, why the sham of going through a bunch of girlfriends? Wouldn't HE be happier to hang out with someone he might love? When I go to the movies, I'm transported by good acting. So, no matter who you are or what you like, if you act well, I'm gonna forget all that other stuff and enjoy the movie.

So, I was surprised by Jodie Foster (she's practically identical to one of my sisters so...) and by Zachary Quinto. And there have been others that I just didn't know but wasn't really surprised...b/c to me, it doesn't really matter.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:19 PM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If Sean Hayes turned out to be straight he'd be the best actor in the world!
Yet, he turned out to be a Troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
and by Zachary Quinto. And there have been others that I just didn't know but wasn't really surprised...b/c to me, it doesn't really matter.
Never mattered to me who was gay or not as long as the ugly guy I see in the mirror every morning doesn't turn out to be one too!
As far as Zachary Quinto goes, I sensed it due to his eyes. I cannot tell lesbians unless they look butch but with gay guy, there is always the same look in their eyes, like a spark or intense look that always hints me that he is likely to be gay. You can even tell by looking at their picture, most of them do the exact thing Rene Zellweger does, they open their eyes even wider when they get excited and start looking at their target like a fat man looking at tasty food.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,519 times
Well, Matt Bomer came out quietly, so to speak. Most of the gays knew already though.

Magic Mike's Matt Bomer Talks About Being Out as Gay: What Brought Him to Tears? - E! Online

So hot. His significant other, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities