Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should people be mad about Gwyneth tweeting the N word?
People should not be mad about this. 38 73.08%
People should be mad about this. 8 15.38%
I like the song N*ggas in Paris! 6 11.54%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times

Advertisements

Nothing to see here..............moving on.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:57 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Gwyneth Paltrow went to a concert with Beyonce for Jay Z and Kanye. They did their song "N*ggas in Paris" and Gwyneth tweeted a pic from the concert with the caption: "N*ggas in Paris for real!"

Now people are upset about her "using" the N word. It is being put out there like she called someone the N word, when in reality she didn't do that. Those two dingbats wrote the song using the word in the title and she tweeted the title of the song they wrote. Why are people mad at her for it?? IMO, they shouldn't have named the damn song that in the first place...

What do you think?

Jay-Z And Kanye To Blame For Gwyneth Paltrow

Are there no grown up celebs anymore??

Old 06-11-2012, 06:57 AM

455 posts, read 651,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
N*gga please!
LOL!! The word is ignorant. The fact that these 2 idiots wrote a song named N****s in Paris says a lot about them.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,827,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
LOL!! The word is ignorant. The fact that these 2 idiots wrote a song named N****s in Paris says a lot about them.
How is it ignorant? When I was in high school all the guys would call each other that and teachers didn't even care. Unless they were like 80 and outdated.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM

455 posts, read 651,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
How is it ignorant? When I was in high school all the guys would call each other that and teachers didn't even care. Unless they were like 80 and outdated.
whatever *****! look that word is censored by CD.

Hey let's drop the ER off and put an A and let's call each other that.
cool idea!
But only our people call use that word.
yeah yeah!
n&gga!
my n&gga

Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
whatever *****! look that word is censored by CD.

Hey let's drop the ER off and put an A and let's call each other that.
cool idea!
But only our people call use that word.
yeah yeah!
n&gga!
my n&gga
Either I'm too ignorant to understand what your post meant or your post made no sense.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:08 PM

19,705 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kanye West and.................Gwyneth Paltrow?!?! wtf lmao

Old 06-17-2012, 09:32 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Agreed.

If Jay-Z and Kanye were ignorant enough to name the song "N-words in Paris" then we can't get mad when non-Black people say it.

We basically need to stop using the word and stop with the "we can say but they can't" nonsense.
And that's the issue right there. Jay Z and Kanye do not represent the entire black race. The word has a horrible past and shouldn't be used, but at the end of the day the word is part of our history [black history]. Just because those within our community [I don't use the word and hate it] use it doesn't mean the entire world has that right.

Jews don't stand for disrespect, homosexuals have a right to speak out against the slang "gay", but us blacks are stupid because we're offended by her using this word??? That's balanced.

You don't see us blacks throwing around the words cracker, white trash, wetbacks and more all openly and freely. Yet these words are popular among their race. The song should be banned and Gwen needs her ass kicked for that. It's funny how blacks use many different types of terminology and words yet whites love to jump on the "n" word bandwagon. This song doesn't give you an exuse to use it.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/752...00/2853398429/

Guess what the crowd chanted and yelled as this man was dragged, hung, dismembered and burned alive???

Last edited by blkgiraffe; 06-17-2012 at 09:46 AM..

Old 06-18-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
And that's the issue right there. Jay Z and Kanye do not represent the entire black race. The word has a horrible past and shouldn't be used, but at the end of the day the word is part of our history [black history]. Just because those within our community [I don't use the word and hate it] use it doesn't mean the entire world has that right.

Jews don't stand for disrespect, homosexuals have a right to speak out against the slang "gay", but us blacks are stupid because we're offended by her using this word??? That's balanced.

You don't see us blacks throwing around the words cracker, white trash, wetbacks and more all openly and freely. Yet these words are popular among their race. The song should be banned and Gwen needs her ass kicked for that. It's funny how blacks use many different types of terminology and words yet whites love to jump on the "n" word bandwagon. This song doesn't give you an exuse to use it.

The Lynching of Jesse Washington - a photo on Flickriver

Guess what the crowd chanted and yelled as this man was dragged, hung, dismembered and burned alive???
You're taking it to a bit of an extreme.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM

117 posts, read 182,841 times
Default @Calipoppy

I agree with Calipoppy. I'm a black woman and I don't see the big deal with the whole Gywneth P repeating a "song title" to my understanding she WASN'T calling someone the n-word...It's a song title...so blame the fools that named it that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities