Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Thanks for the nod, PatDJohns lol

Might I add (not that I'm in to them all)

The Guess Who, Bryan Adams, Leonard Cohen, Steppenwolf, Gordon Lightfoot, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Anne Murray, Blue Rodeo,Tragically Hip, Tom Cochrane, Sloan, Barenaked Ladies, Bruce Cockburn, Lighthouse, and Stompin’ Tom Connors?
Allow me to add to your list of greats:
Bryan Adams
Tommy Chong hilarious
David Foster brilliant works
Carly Rae Jepsen~~ she'll be a one hit wonder most likely then she'll cry "call me maybe please"
k.d. lang
Shania Twain
Not to forget the amazing group Walk Off The Earth

Justin's house of cards are falling they built him up so much as a child now he doesn't know how to handle adulthood. Blame his handlers then turning 18 since his mom & manager do not tour with him now. He'll end up wrapping his car around something soon killing himself and innocent others is my fear for this youngster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
He's a girly looking little guy who appeals to pre-teen girls, Why is he even on your radar?

thats how i feel.

what does he sing? not a clue???

Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 PM

12,266 posts, read 2,968,089 times
Oh it's been time. Remember that line about power corrupts. Celebrity does too. It chews them up and spits them out, but celebs like Justin Bieber think they can handle it.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
People are so hard on him. He seems like a good kid, stop being so overly dramatic. OMG, he got a speeding ticket! OMG, he had an altercation with his neighbour! OMG, he smoked some weed! He's not doing anything other guys his age don't do. I don't like his music either but I realize I'm not his target audience. Children and teenage girls love him and his music is just innocent entertainment for them. Let them enjoy it without being so bitter, there are plenty of other artists to listen to.

It's funny you never hear people talking about THIS Justin Bieber:

Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
People are so hard on him. He seems like a good kid, stop being so overly dramatic. OMG, he got a speeding ticket! OMG, he had an altercation with his neighbour! OMG, he smoked some weed! He's not doing anything other guys his age don't do. I don't like his music either but I realize I'm not his target audience. Children and teenage girls love him and his music is just innocent entertainment for them. Let them enjoy it without being so bitter, there are plenty of other artists to listen to.

It's funny you never hear people talking about THIS Justin Bieber:

Yeah hes a good kid. All good kids spit in their neighbors faces and rip 14 month old baby monkeys from their moms arms

Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Justin's latest silliness:

Justin Bieber’s monkey seized in Germany | Daily Dish | an SFGate.com blog

FTA:
Justin Bieber’s pet monkey has been seized by German officials after the singer allegedly tried to sneak the animal into the country on board his private plane.
Who does he think he is--Michael Jackson?

MJ was able to get away with bringing Bubbles the Chimp to awards shows or record company board meetings just because he released Thriller and Off the Wall and sung ABC as a kid. Who under the age of 18 even knows any Justin Bieber songs?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Yeah hes a good kid. All good kids spit in their neighbors faces and rip 14 month old baby monkeys from their moms arms
Exactly. I wonder how YOU would come across if people reported on your every move when you were 18/19 and exaggerated what you did? Come on, he's just a regular guy, he makes mistakes like everyone else but he seems like a good person at heart. The media have decided that Justin is "out of control" and will push that notion until people are convinced it's true. They do this every time: put someone on a pedestal and then knock them off.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

MJ was able to get away with bringing Bubbles the Chimp to awards shows or record company board meetings just because he released Thriller and Off the Wall and sung ABC as a kid. Who under the age of 18 even knows any Justin Bieber songs?
I'd say that's the majority of Justin's fanbase

I read something about the monkey being a gift to Justin from someone on his crew.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Come on, he's just a regular guy, he makes mistakes like everyone else but he seems like a good person at heart.
I disagree he wanted stardom and fame along with it comes in your face cameras, fans wanting to know every time you poop, big money, lack of freedom/privacy. He is looked upon by many kids he needs to set an example how to NOT let fame destroy you.

This goes for anybody that is a celebrity, singer, actor whatever if you are wanting to be famous step up for all it offers good and/or bad.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 AM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

Because he was MJ, The Greatest of All Time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities