Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 11:32 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I would agree with that.......because you are fighting not to laugh at the laughter your are creating.

Be there, done that. I was the "Felix" in an "Odd Couple" scene, where "Oscar" says "Something smells good in the kitchen tonight!" and I come out with my apron on, stirring a pot, a look of bewilderment on my face (who dares to interrupt me while I create).....and the audience cracked up.

I wasn't ready for that and I had to lock down my emotions so I didn't start laughing to.

In comedy, you have to oblivious to the intense humor you are creating.
Add to that, William's genius was in playing even more absurd characters, where, to stay in character, you must act oblivious to the absurd nature of your character. In drama, you are generally portraying realistic characters in realistic situations all of us can relate to. Williams did these absurd characters so flawlessly I sometimes got mesmorized by the beauty of the genius I was watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 12:07 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
“…They think of suicide as a quick route to oblivion, an escape. Far from it. It merely alters a person from one form to another. Nothing can destroy the spirit. Suicide only precipitates a darker continuation of the same conditions from which escape was sought. A condition under circumstances so much more painful.”

― Richard Matheson, What Dreams May Come

You are sorely missed.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:09 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
This is such a shock, his death is a huge loss. He was one of those people that you'd think would live forever.. sounds absurd maybe but that's how I thought of him..

Old 08-12-2014, 01:33 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,075,652 times
He was rich, had some money.

Was worth $50 Million.

Robin Williams Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Old 08-12-2014, 02:13 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,013,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
He was rich, had some money.

Was worth $50 Million.

Robin Williams Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
Curiously, what does that have to do with anything?

Old 08-12-2014, 02:19 PM

335 posts, read 503,688 times
"Comedy Great Robin Williams Hanged Himself At Home"

Comedy Great Robin Williams hanged himself at Home | Reuters

Reuters) - Oscar-winning actor and groundbreaking comedian Robin Williams hanged himself with a belt in his Northern California home after he had sought treatment for depression, a coroner said on Tuesday based on preliminary findings.

Williams, 63, was found dead by his personal assistant at midday on Monday in a bedroom. He was suspended from a belt wedged between a closet door and a door frame, in a seated position just off the ground, Marin County's assistant chief deputy coroner, Keith Boyd, told a news conference.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:25 PM

335 posts, read 503,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Curiously, what does that have to do with anything?

Old 08-12-2014, 02:26 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crue cab View Post
So he helped "end his pain" by inflicting pain on many. That is a selfish act. He wasn't my type of favorite actor or comedian. He was gifted and funny.
But being asphyxia, I am wondering if it wasn't more of a David Carradine type thing more than a straight up suicide.
Stop

1: Only selfish people go all whiny - " its so selfish to commit suicide and not be here for us" and turn it all around to be about them. BS. Someone loses their LIFE and all you can think about is yourself (by proxy).

2: We won't know if it was suicide, accident or murder. What's the point of speculating something ugly? We all loved him for what he gave us. That's what counts.

Last edited by Giesela; 08-12-2014 at 02:43 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 02:41 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post
"Comedy Great Robin Williams Hanged Himself At Home"

Comedy Great Robin Williams hanged himself at Home | Reuters

Reuters) - Oscar-winning actor and groundbreaking comedian Robin Williams hanged himself with a belt in his Northern California home after he had sought treatment for depression, a coroner said on Tuesday based on preliminary findings.

Williams, 63, was found dead by his personal assistant at midday on Monday in a bedroom. He was suspended from a belt wedged between a closet door and a door frame, in a seated position just off the ground, Marin County's assistant chief deputy coroner, Keith Boyd, told a news conference.
That poor personal assistant. Cannot imagine what he (or she) must be going through.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
As I was reading his bio I noticed he did many things yet to my knowledge he didn't write. Makes me think that if he did he arguably could have bested Joyce's 'Ulysses' by going one further with his relentless 'stream of consciousness' bits and by making everybody laugh their a** off as well as trying to frantically keep up with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities