Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 02:36 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,590 times

Advertisements

Gene be worth like $300 Million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,367,309 times
Concentration camp? Hey Gene, that's what, 60 years ago? Get over it and cry me a river. Better still, off yourself already.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1981 View Post
It doesn't, but it just adds some perspective for people who think he was telling anybody having a bad day to blow their brains out.
If he had half the intelligence of an average rock he'd know clinical depression isn't remotely close to 'having a bad day'.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:30 PM

76 posts, read 102,389 times
I like KISS and even met Gene once at an autograph session. I found him to be a pretty nice guy but I agree that sometimes he sticks his foot in his mouth. This is definitely one of those times and people are right to call him out on it. Hopefully he gets some education on mental illness and what it's like for those who suffer. I've had issues with depression in the past and my doctor found that I have a chemical imbalance in my brain. So my depression was brought on by a freakin' medical condition. But even if it were life circumstances making me feel that way, what right do other people have to judge?

Old 08-20-2014, 12:54 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,343,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Neither do I. Depression in is worst form is a lifelong disorder that can only be managed, but never cured. It doesn't even need a traumatic event to send someone into a tailspin of utter hopelessness.

Gene basically mocks chronic sufferers of depression for lacking his mother's genetics. Might was well point and laugh at someone with heart disease.
Exactly? Is he really that stupid? What a jerk.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:40 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
I almost never wish severe depression on anyone, even a "worst enemy," but when someone claims to understand this illness as a personal failing or "lack of a center" (Thank you, JWC…) or any such, I do wish that person would experience just once the feeling or lack of feeling of severe depression; and have the guts to own up to their own ignorance.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:22 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
He's become an intolerant, ignorant fool of Trumpian proportions.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:39 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
He's become an intolerant, ignorant fool of Trumpian proportions.
A marvelous one-liner assessment.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:36 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I get it, too.
The comment was taken out of context I think.
I'm not a fan of his-
But he is very outspoken & I respect the fact that he doesn't filter everything to be politically correct.

And I agree w/ his logic- so many people face extreme unbelievable setbacks & adversity-
yet fight through & persevere.
The whiners who love to pretend they have "problems" that are really stupid self defeating habits-
don't know how hard life really can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Exactly.

Great answer for apexgds, too.
You two are so busy patting yourselves and Gene on the back that neither one of you gets it.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:43 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I think we all agree that self murder/suicide is never the answer. Well, all of us EXCEPT----> Gene.

“…They think of suicide as a quick route to oblivion, an escape. Far from it. It merely alters a person from one form to another. Nothing can destroy the spirit. Suicide only precipitates a darker continuation of the same conditions from which escape was sought. A condition under circumstances so much more painful.”

― Richard Matheson, What Dreams May Come
This threat is eerily similar to the religious idea that those who commit suicide will have their souls burn in hell for all eternity. But what if he's wrong? What if suicide results in simple non-existence? No afterlife or reincarnation into another being. Just nothingness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities