Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 03:50 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

Doesnt matter in the slightest...... Barry is quite good!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Water is wet fire is hot and Barry is homo... the world continues along its trajectory.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:04 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I think Rob Halford was the only star who really stunned when they came out.
I always had my doubts about Barry Manilow being straight but never the beast of Judas Priest.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:30 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I always had my doubts about Barry Manilow being straight but never the beast of Judas Priest.
Really? I saw Judas Priest in concer in '82 or '83 and the moment he roared onto the stage in a leather vest and pants I knew he was gay. So, did many of the concert crowd, based on the comments at the concession stands.

It was really obvious to this 16 year old girl and her friends. We just figured that talent "overcame gay" with the rock crowd, the same way it did with Freddie Mercury.

Now, Barry Manilow was obviously gay. Even as a kid in the 70s I could tell he was different. Perhaps, it was his multicolored, flounced sleeves that gave him away?

Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM

862 posts, read 1,197,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Really? I saw Judas Priest in concer in '82 or '83 and the moment he roared onto the stage in a leather vest and pants I knew he was gay. So, did many of the concert crowd, based on the comments at the concession stands.

It was really obvious to this 16 year old girl and her friends. We just figured that talent "overcame gay" with the rock crowd, the same way it did with Freddie Mercury.

Now, Barry Manilow was obviously gay. Even as a kid in the 70s I could tell he was different. Perhaps, it was his multicolored, flounced sleeves that gave him away?

You knew that far back that Halford was gay ??? WOW !!! I saw Judas Priest in 1988 and if there were those who thought he was gay they weren't telling. My own teacher for a few years worked for Judas Priest and even he said at the time Halford was straight. Maybe he did know the truth but for the image of the band said otherwise. Again it was the whole macho thing. It was during this time that Guns & Roses were shouting homophobic remarks at concerts and Skid Row, their lead singer was seen on MTV with a t-shirt that showed a can of Raid with some anti-gay remark. I knew the band KIX personally and even though the band was gay friendly you wouldn't know it at the time from their concerts and the interviews they gave for Hit Parader and Circus. Was the band Accept gay ?? At the time they had "Balls to the Walls" complete with a guy decked out in leather on the album cover. Last time I checked Wikipedia they said NO but over the years I heard both yes and no.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:53 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Good Heavens, Barry came out and married his long time boyfriend several years ago.

Obviously Fake News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Why did I know for years that he was gay? How did I know he was gay? I mean this seriously, this news that he just now came out is surprising to me. I thought he was out eons ago.

Everybody knew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
i dont believe in this coming out crap, no one is entitled to your business, and I dont feel i have to justify anoything to anyone about my sexuality.
if you ask me, ill tell you, but im not coming out.
F that.
For sure. Nobody cares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Wow. Who knew?!

I am every bit as stunned as I was when Ellen DeGeneres came out. STUNNED, I tell you!

Ellen is a Lez? Oh, my!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
He was in the closet? I never knew that.

Nobody else did, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It is funny, or maybe sad, that Barry thought his fans didn't know he was gay. I wasn't a fan, but who didn't know Barry Manilow was gay over 40 years ago??
I'm not a big fan, and I knew 50 years ago! lol

Old 04-12-2017, 10:51 AM

12,284 posts, read 2,968,089 times
Barry Manilow Comes Out As Gay At Age 73 | The Huffington Post

I didn't know he was still in!

Old 04-12-2017, 11:38 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Good for him. Everyone seems to think it's obvious, but I was surprised. I never really put much thought into it, as I don't care about such things, but never thought he was gay tbh.
I'm surprised too. I didn't know people thought he was gas.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:45 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
In other news -

Fire is hot.
Ice is cold.
Pope is Catholic.
Ursine creatures defecate in wilderness.

Can remember hearing Barry Manilow was gay ever since was a kid in the 1970's or so. Ditto for Jim Nabors, Ricky Martin, Johnny Mathis, and later on Lance Bass. Only shoe everyone truly is waiting to drop is Tom Cruise.

It's like that big secret that never really was; Rock Hudson.... From housewives in Nebraska to fan clubs in New York *everyone* knew Rock Hudson was gay, and yes this was going back to the 1950's and 1960's.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:40 PM

862 posts, read 1,197,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Can remember hearing Barry Manilow was gay ever since was a kid in the 1970's or so. Ditto for Jim Nabors, Ricky Martin, Johnny Mathis, and later on Lance Bass. Only shoe everyone truly is waiting to drop is Tom Cruise.

It's like that big secret that never really was; Rock Hudson.... From housewives in Nebraska to fan clubs in New York *everyone* knew Rock Hudson was gay, and yes this was going back to the 1950's and 1960's.

....or Roger C. Carmel from Star Trek and The Mothers-in-Law or Anthony Perkins from the movie Psycho. True the latter was married to a woman in his later years but pretty much everyone knew he was gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities