Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 09:09 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Nope. I'm at a complete and utter loss. Please explain how these kids have been shoved down anyone's throat.
No. You're just trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 09:21 AM

509 posts, read 485,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Giesela...is it possible that you might be wrong about this?

Two of your top-5 forums that you post on are "celebrities" and "movies", and you have over 7000 posts. That tells me that you spend a lot of time thinking and talking about celebrities. Which means that you spend more time than most people reading or watching celebrity-hyping material. Therefore, you are probably hearing a lot more about celebrity families and other gossip than the average person.

I can tell you that nobody has shoved their kid down my throat. A lot of other people are telling you that celebrity kids are not being shoved down their throats either.

Instead of calling people trolls because they do not see what you see, perhaps you could stop and think about why it seems this way to you?

You are clearly into celebrity gossip. Nothing wrong with that, if that floats your boat. However, those who do not share that obsession and simply watch ordinary shows and news simply have not been exposed to celebrity kids. I doubt I could even name the kid of a celebrity. (I can think of Julian Lennon, Jakob Dylan, Liza Minnelli, and Keifer Sutherland, all of whom have done some fairly meritorious work on their own). I have no idea who Beyonce's kids are, or Kanye West's, or Katy Perry's, or whoever... Never seen a word about them. In fact, I never see news about Beyonce, Kanye West, or Katy Perry, and not because I have my head in the sand. Is Beyonce still alive?

However, if you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you expose yourself to celebrity news a lot more than other people, then you are the one who is trolling. The people who have tried to point it out to you are simply being honest. No offense, but come on.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:26 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I'm absolutely not trolling. I'm trying to figure out how it is you believe these children of celebrities are being shoved down our throats. Help me to understand. Because I don't see it at all.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:53 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
I liked Alan Hale, Jr.

Keenan Wynn was pretty good, too.

Nancy Sinatra was OK, looks great in that "These Boots Were Made for Walking" video and with Elvis in "Speedway"; Frank, Jr., not so much.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
Giesela...is it possible that you might be wrong about this?

Therefore, you are probably hearing a lot more about celebrity families and other gossip than the average person.

I can tell you that nobody has shoved their kid down my throat. A lot of other people are telling you that celebrity kids are not being shoved down their throats either.

You are clearly into celebrity gossip. Nothing wrong with that, if that floats your boat. However, those who do not share that obsession and simply watch ordinary shows and news simply have not been exposed to celebrity kids. I doubt I could even name the kid of a celebrity.

However, if you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you expose yourself to celebrity news a lot more than other people, then you are the one who is trolling. The people who have tried to point it out to you are simply being honest. No offense, but come on.
Yes I love TV and I love movies and I pay attention to actors and directors and all the other entertainment news.
You do not so you have no idea of the nepotism that takes place because you don't care.
I do. Why that bugs you and several others so much so much I don't know and don't care. Paying attention does not equate to trolling, what a weird way to think. If all the bosses at GM hired their kids who could barely get into a crap college and get a crap degree - and then all the GM cars were total crap and I complained about it....,.IDK I guess in your world that is soooo wrong omg.

I believe nepotism waters down the talent pool and decreases the level of writing and acting that we see.
If you don't care, move along.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:24 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post

When I read the title of your thread I immediately thought of those bratty Will Smith kids
Haha.. that was my first thought too. Well, the son anyway.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 08-31-2017, 08:41 AM

I don't know that any of us could even quantify what some want in a model these days (besides a big name). I always think of the actor DJ Qualls. Started out as a model for Prada and Calvin Klein. Go figure.

Scott Eastwood looks so much like his dad, I think that fact alone would open doors for him.
Nick Cage on the other hand tried to separate himself from his family name (Coppola) when he started out stating that he wanted to see if he could make it on his own (Personally, I thought he was terrible when he first started out but eventually came into his own). I think that almost every actor that says that is sort of deluded. Those in the industry still know who they are, name change or not.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:39 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
I see a lot of media coverage over the 15 year old of Cindy Crawford. I am guessing she will become a model once she graduates High School. She also wears extremely skimpy outfit for at 15 year old kid. Already has 1.5 million followers on Instagram. Too bad she has her dad's last name. Sex sells.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:15 AM

I guess modeling beauty is sort of subjective. Cindy's daughter is good looking enough (unlike some of the reality show modeling offspring) but there are a million girls just as good looking or better hoping to make it in LA. Cindy's daughter won't have to try.

Saw an interview with Kyra Sydgewick and Kevin Bacon recently. I was watching her cop show The Closer and was aware when her daughter got given a minor role. What this interview with Kyra and Kevin was talking about is how she is producing, maybe executive producting too and directing a Lifetime movie - and her daughter is the lead. And she is so proud.

On IMBD her daughters first acting credit listing has both her mom and dad in it, then The Closer. Credit that she has been in other stuff between then and this, bunch of shorts, 13 Reasons Why but. Was she good enough to make it on her own? Keep her career going without that family influence? In some cases I'd say yes, not sure here.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:53 AM

Whatever my lot in life... if I can help one of my kids get started in ANY (legal/moral) business or career and help them get ahead. Immadoit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities