Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 AM

37 posts, read 85,906 times

Advertisements

Here's 2 scenes from Up in Smoke that I thought was hilarious: Pedro: "Hey, man, the cop wants to know your name." Man (vomiting): "Uuuuggggghhhh!" Pedro (to Cop): "Oh, his name's Rrraaalllphhh, man!" Stedenko (to the narc squad): "Look at you all. You've got the munchies. You're all stoned, all of you. And you want me to go with it? All right, I'll go with it! (munches an entire pizza since he, too, has the munchies from the marijuana van catching fire, like everyone else inside and outside the Roxy) When I saw those scenes, I was rolling with paroxysms of laughter. It's just a thought that I wished to express. Thanks for your indulgence and patience. Martin1973 February 2, 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 AM

824 posts, read 2,791,917 times
I saw them at a sold-out Radio City Music Hall Saturday night.

Shelby Chong, (Chong's fairly sexy blonde wife) did a 20-minute warm-up and she was quite respectable. Then Cheech & Chong did around a 70-minute show. It was definitely funny and enjoyable. They did a few sketches together and also did some solo stuff. The sketches were the hitchhiker scene in "Up In Smoke" (that ends as Martin1973 says--RRRaaallllph); Let's Make A Dope Deal; They got down on all fours to to the dog sketch as Ralph and Herbie (with Shelby as the french poodle); There may have been a skit or two that was new material; Plus I'm forgetting one or two right now. Here's a "setlist" that sounds identical (or close to it) to the show I saw: Concert Review: Cheech and Chong

The solo stuff was a little stand-up by Chong which was quite good ("I got busted for selling bongs--do they think that is going to stop people from smoking? You give someone some weed with nothing to smoke it out of and they turn into McGyver!") and some solo stuff where they took turns being musicians--Cheech as a country/western singer then Chong as a Mississippi blues singer, they had funny lyrics and told jokes. Cheech got dressed up as Alice Bowie and danced and lip-synched the song from "Earache my eye." Cheech also did "Mexican-Americans," which has the great line, "Mexican-Americans love education...so they go to night school and they take Spanish...and get a B."

One thing they did that was smart was to do several relatively short sketches rather than go on and on in a particular sketch. It kept the pace up pretty good, though there were moments here and there that could have been tightened up a bit--I thought that Chong as the blind blues singer should have been shortened by one song. And Cheech & Chong fans will notice that many of their great routines didn't make the cut.

But overall it was a fine, enjoyable show and got many laughs from the audience. I certainly can recommend this show if it is coming to your area.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:50 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
I remember losing a g/f because I took her to the drive in for a first date and LMAO all the way through " Still Smokin' " and forgot she was even there....YEAH I SMOKED A LITTLE WEED BACK THEN, SO WHAT!!!!!!ARE YOU A COP???!!!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctc7 View Post
I saw them at a sold-out Radio City Music Hall Saturday night.

Shelby Chong, (Chong's fairly sexy blonde wife) did a 20-minute warm-up and she was quite respectable. Then Cheech & Chong did around a 70-minute show. It was definitely funny and enjoyable. They did a few sketches together and also did some solo stuff. The sketches were the hitchhiker scene in "Up In Smoke" (that ends as Martin1973 says--RRRaaallllph); Let's Make A Dope Deal; They got down on all fours to to the dog sketch as Ralph and Herbie (with Shelby as the french poodle); There may have been a skit or two that was new material; Plus I'm forgetting one or two right now. Here's a "setlist" that sounds identical (or close to it) to the show I saw: Concert Review: Cheech and Chong

The solo stuff was a little stand-up by Chong which was quite good ("I got busted for selling bongs--do they think that is going to stop people from smoking? You give someone some weed with nothing to smoke it out of and they turn into McGyver!") and some solo stuff where they took turns being musicians--Cheech as a country/western singer then Chong as a Mississippi blues singer, they had funny lyrics and told jokes. Cheech got dressed up as Alice Bowie and danced and lip-synched the song from "Earache my eye." Cheech also did "Mexican-Americans," which has the great line, "Mexican-Americans love education...so they go to night school and they take Spanish...and get a B."

One thing they did that was smart was to do several relatively short sketches rather than go on and on in a particular sketch. It kept the pace up pretty good, though there were moments here and there that could have been tightened up a bit--I thought that Chong as the blind blues singer should have been shortened by one song. And Cheech & Chong fans will notice that many of their great routines didn't make the cut.

But overall it was a fine, enjoyable show and got many laughs from the audience. I certainly can recommend this show if it is coming to your area.
Uh yeah...they are used to folks with short attention spans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities