Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 PM

6,463 posts, read 9,839,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panter88 View Post
Kanye did what he did. Kanye still gone get paid. Sheesh.

Hopefully he will just be gone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,149,813 times

He's got some nerve I tell you. Someone should diss him and tell him how freaky he is and how corny he looks!!!!!! GEEK What a loser Taylor Swift is adorable and she didn't deserve that one bit.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 PM

815 posts, read 2,140,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Again people...just because you HAVE the right doesn't MAKE it right...

Yes, he did say that Bush didn't like Black people because the local governement screwed up...but that's another post.

He comments just always show what an uninformed, idiotic, attention grabbing, classless a-hole he is.

So there...I had a right to say it too.

Just like I have to right to applaud Kanye for what he did. Dont you get it? Kanye does not care about fitting into the box that was made for him to fit into, which is why he carries himself the way he does, and speaks whatever is on his mind-Thats his whole image!!!!!! Real or not, that is the persona he chose to put forth from the first day he stepped into the spotlight. Kanye West is the GOAT (greatest of all time) for the live TV moments, and one thing is for sure, everyone will remember Kanye and his exploits long after Taylor Swift's country music career is over, which Im pretty sure is his overall goal

Last edited by youngMichaelJackson; 09-14-2009 at 01:44 PM..

Old 09-14-2009, 01:52 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,555,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Just like I have to right to applaud Kanye for what he did. Dont you get it? Kanye does not care about fitting into the box that was made for him to fit into, which is why he carries himself the way he does, and speaks whatever is on his mind-Thats his whole image!!!!!! Real or not, that is the persona he chose to put forth from the first day he stepped into the spotlight. Kanye West is the GOAT (greatest of all time) for the live TV moments, and one thing is for sure, everyone will remember Kanye and his exploits long after Taylor Swift's country music career is over, which Im pretty sure is his overall goal
I do get it....see my last line???

You have the right to applaud him...and I have the right to look upon him in scorn....as I have ever since Katrina.

I could boycot him but..since I've never thrown any money his way to begin with, it would just be an empty threat.

BTW...I don't own any Taylor Swift material either.

That was never the point...He has no class...and I have no respect for him.

Don't you get it?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,782,593 times
@youngmichaeljackson
I don't think so, I think he is simply an antisocial ****head with an ego problem. Society has the right and duty to reprimand him if he behaves in an antisocial way. And it did so by reacting the way the audience did. And frankly I think anyone who defends his manners also has a problem.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I do get it....see my last line???

You have the right to applaud him...and I have the right to look upon him in scorn....as I have ever since Katrina.

I could boycot him but..since I've never thrown any money his way to begin with, it would just be an empty threat.

BTW...I don't own any Taylor Swift material either.

That was never the point...He has no class...and I have no respect for him.

Don't you get it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
@youngmichaeljackson
I don't think so, I think he is simply an antisocial ****head with an ego problem. Society has the right and duty to reprimand him if he behaves in an antisocial way. And it did so by reacting the way the audience did. And frankly I think anyone who defends his manners also has a problem.

This whole situation is hilarious, Kanye's manager said on the radio this morning in Atlanta that Kanye said last week after that senator disrupted Obama's speech that he was going to make it a point to interrupt the first white person to win an award at the MTV Awards to highlight the disparity in the reaction between the two. Obviously the reaction last week about a white man interrupting a black man about a very serious subject didnt warrent nearly the amount of attention as what happened last night at a frickin awards show with a black man interrupting a white woman, so I would once again say I applaud Kanye for what he did, I see the bigger picture in his actions,. It is apparent that some of you do not

Old 09-14-2009, 02:10 PM

124 posts, read 271,231 times
Quote:
This whole situation is hilarious, Kanye's manager said on the radio this morning in Atlanta that Kanye said last week after that senator disrupted Obama's speech that he was going to make it a point to interrupt the first white person to win an award at the MTV Awards to highlight the disparity in the reaction between the two. Obviously the reaction last week about a white man interrupting a black man about a very serious subject didnt warrent nearly the amount of attention as what happened last night at a frickin awards show with a black man interrupting a white woman, so I would once again say I applaud Kanye for what he did, I see the bigger picture in his actions,. It is apparent that some of you do not

Someone gets it!
But the rest of these people will not ever understand.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,782,593 times
But this was not the first time. What would be the point of the comparison between his case and that of Obama? The audience is completely different, both in terms of quality and quantity. West is not really regarded as a speaker for the African-American cause and I doubt Obama needs West to prove anything. He should just take himself back because people are tired of his ways.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,496,212 times
Quote:
Seriously? So two wrongs make a right? I'm sure Obama is relieved to know that Kanye has his back....whew....give me a break.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But this was not the first time. What would be the point of the comparison between his case and that of Obama? The audience is completely different, both in terms of quality and quantity. West is not really regarded as a speaker for the African-American cause and I doubt Obama needs West to prove anything. He should just take himself back because people are tired of his ways.
Exactly, the first time it was on a live NBC special and Kanye was the first one to basically say that the US government's reaction time to Katrina was messed up. That needed to be said, because no one else was going to say it. This time he was out to prove that white America cares more about some eccentric black hip hop producer interrupting an MTV awards show, than they do the ledear of the free world being interreupted during a speech at one of this nation's most critical times. And if you cant see the comparison in what he did and the reason behind why he did it, I am not even going to waste my time explaining it to you anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities