Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,234,009 times

Advertisements

After this conversation with a Samsung rep (the last third is the most amusing and maddening part):

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Radella'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56401267118X

Radella: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Visitor: Hello
Radella: Hello!
Radella: How are you doing?
Visitor: I have an Exhibit II 4g that was recently updated. How can I find out what was done? I see a couple changes on the screen but don't know if anything else changed.
Visitor: I'm doing well and yourself?
Radella: I am doing good.
Radella: I understand that you have updated your device and would like to know find out the changes. Is that correct?
Visitor: Yes.
Radella: Thank you. I will be glad to assist you.
Radella: May I know the model number of your phone ? You can find the model number beneath the phone's battery which generally starts with SGH, SCH or SPH .
Visitor: Just a moment
Visitor: T679
Radella: Thank you for the model number.
Radella: Would you mind If I take 3 minutes while I gather the required information on your request?
Visitor: I don't mind. I'd also like to know if there is any way to improve my reception at home.
Radella: Thank you.
Radella: Thank you for waiting.
Radella: Please check the baseband version of the phone.
Radella: Let me know the currect version of the phone.
Visitor: It will take me a minute to get the phone. While I go get it, can you explain how to find the info you want?
Radella: Sure.
Radella: 1. From the Home screen, touch Applications > Settings > About phone.
Radella: Baseband Version for reference; the last four characters will indicate the devices current software version.
Visitor: T679UVLE1
Radella: Thank you.
Radella: Your device is updated with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS.
Visitor: OK...
Radella: The device will be updated only with the OS on the phone and with some applications.
Visitor: That's what I'm trying to find out. What did the update do?
Radella: It updates the device with new features.
Visitor: What are the new features?
Radella: I am sorry.
Radella: The device will be updated with the new features.
Visitor: Who can tell me what these new features are?
Radella: Sometimes the device will be updated only with OS.
Visitor: OK. Thank you.
Radella: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Visitor: No, thank you.
Radella: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive a transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better. Have a wonderful day!
Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.

I still don't know what the most recent upgrade did for my phone. Apparently the answer wasn't on their flow chart of responses. Does someone know, or can you point to where I can find out?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-02-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,277,162 times
Android in its current form is a so confusing for most folks that could care less about Jellybean, ICS etc as this post shows. Good thing Google is going to be centralizing updates from Android 5 and on, because implementation from the OEMs has been anything less short of horrific.

OP, these are the features that you are going see improvements of. Its only a minor update, but addresses some of the issues they had in the final version of testing to get it on the shelves.

Software versions

Android version 2.3.6 / Software T679UVLE1

• Version
    • Android version 2.3.6 / Software T679UVLE1
    • Over-The-Air Update (33 MB) and Kies
    • Approved 5/30/12
  • New Features
    • Re-brand to Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G
  • Improvements:
    • Google Security Fix
    • Device stability improvements
    • Wi-Fi Calling audio improvements
    • Camera app improvements
    • Swype corporate email improvements
  • Prerequisites
    • Android version 2.3.5 / Software version T679UVKJ1 update
    • At least 50% battery life
Android version 2.3.5 / Software version T679UVKJ1

• Version
    • Android version 2.3.5 / Software version T679UVKJ1
    • Approved 10/20/11
  • The original Android 2.3.5 / Software version T679UVKJ1 has the following features:
    • 4G Capable
    • High Resolution Screen
    • Real Web Browsing
    • T-Mobile TV
    • 3 Megapixel Camera
    • Original Software Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) software
  • Support: Software overview: Samsung Exhibit II 4G/Galaxy Exhibit 4G

Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,234,009 times
Excellent post. I looked on Samsung's website but never made it to that page. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones