U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,982 times
Reputation: 1458

Advertisements

I've downloaded the following apps for my Android smartphone back in late November but I haven't used them much yet. Out of the list below, which ones would you suggest that I keep and which ones should I delete? I am just trying to reduce redundancy within these similar apps that I have. Thanks!
  • Astrid Tasks/To-do & Groceries
  • Any.DO To Do List | Task List
  • Catch Notes
  • Do it (Tomorrow)
  • Pocket -formerly Read It Later
  • Springpad
  • Evernote
  • Remember The Milk
  • Note Everything
  • FreeNote, note everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2013, 06:16 AM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,968,627 times
Reputation: 12847
This is a question that only you can answer. Review each one and see which applies to your lifestyle the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
 
Location: DFW
6,816 posts, read 12,024,382 times
Reputation: 5208
Out of these, I only use Evernote and it's served me well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
27,149 posts, read 64,366,302 times
Reputation: 31956
Remember the milk. It has the best name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
 
10 posts, read 96,653 times
Reputation: 22
I like Evernote. What exactly is excellent about Evernote is that it is not just an iOS app — it’s a assistance that is available on a whole variety of systems. So you can use it on your new iPhone as well as your iPad, your Mac or PC, and even any Android operating system, BlackBerry, or Windows Cellphone gadgets you may own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,982 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Remember the milk. It has the best name.
Can't tell if you're serious or you're trolling with that comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Mayacama Mtns in CA
14,523 posts, read 7,677,685 times
Reputation: 11317
Quote:
Originally Posted by glendajohns View Post
I like Evernote. What exactly is excellent about Evernote is that it is not just an iOS app — it’s a assistance that is available on a whole variety of systems. So you can use it on your new iPhone as well as your iPad, your Mac or PC, and even any Android operating system, BlackBerry, or Windows Cellphone gadgets you may own.
I don't have any of those you listed, but I do have Simplenote which is similar to, but less expensive than Evernote. It's also less complex, but in my opinion just as useful. You might want to look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Maryland not Murlin
8,193 posts, read 22,572,775 times
Reputation: 6168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
I've downloaded the following apps for my Android smartphone back in late November but I haven't used them much yet. Out of the list below, which ones would you suggest that I keep and which ones should I delete? I am just trying to reduce redundancy within these similar apps that I have. Thanks!
  • Astrid Tasks/To-do & Groceries
  • Any.DO To Do List | Task List
  • Catch Notes
  • Do it (Tomorrow)
  • Pocket -formerly Read It Later
  • Springpad
  • Evernote
  • Remember The Milk
  • Note Everything
  • FreeNote, note everything
Ironic that you downloaded these four months ago and barely used them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,720 posts, read 4,866,982 times
Reputation: 1458
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Ironic that you downloaded these four months ago and barely used them.
Hahaha, indeed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 PM
 
16,834 posts, read 14,434,633 times
Reputation: 20755
Do you GTD? Or 43 folders?

If so I recommend omnifocus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top