Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 06:53 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,527,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I find it ironic that Apple being supposedly easy to use but put their users through the most annoying pop-ups.

For example, if you don't unlock your iPhone for awhile it forces you to put your PIN. If you restarted you have to put a PIN to use it. Doesn't matter if you have FaceID or TouchID, it still forces you to go through PIN unlock almost daily.

On the app side, if you want to buy an app it prompts you to put the AppleID password then asks you if its ok to use TouchID for future purchases. You click yes. Then after a few more purchases a few days later it asks for itunes password again. Mainly because your iTunes accts been used on other devices it prompts you again as a security measure. Then you repeat the step to turn on TouchID purchase again.

It's just so many annoyances for a simple device.

On the Android side, I've got touchID enabled on my S8 Plus and never prompted for Google Playstore password for purchases, NEVER.

I get the new S9 Plus, logged in with my Google acct and copied all my settings over and my new phone is ready with my apps and some settings without having to re-do much.

The iPhone, just having a new device is annoying. If you have the cheapo 5GB iCloud acct it doesn't bring over much settings at all and it takes more time and work to setup a new iPhone than another Android.
That may be one of the reasons why iOS is more secure than Android. I tend to prefer Android because I find the OS far less restrictive, but they both have their trade-offs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones