Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 06:01 PM

23,521 posts, read 24,006,421 times

Advertisements

I’m sure everyone posting is aware, the IOS and system data consumes quite a percentage of the storage space. My iPhone shows 23% of the storage is used for the IOS and system data, after upgrading to version 15.4 today. (64 GB storage.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 02:24 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
You can just use an OTG cable flash drive or external hard drive though with Android phones. I'm fairly indiferent between microSD and OTG cable.
That defeats the purpose, IMO, of having the portability and flexibility of having everything you can on the phone.

I'm probably at the extreme end though.

My Apple Music library (all downloaded from Apple Music) is about 1.141 - 1.150 TB.

I have an LG G8x with 128GB of internal storage and a 1 TB microSD card.

Apple Music for Android only allows one library location. I have that pointing to the microSD card and 1 TB of my library is downloaded to that card.

Just over half (76.6 GB) of the rest of my library is downloaded to my 256 GB 2020 iPhone SE...just haven't finished downloading the rest, having added to the library since my last downloads to that phone (I'm using 102.4 GB overall of 256).

I switched over to working on the Apple Music downloads for my HP Spectre laptop.

The Windows version of iTunes allows for multiple libraries.

The SD card slot on the side of my HP 'swallows' the whole card. So I put in a SanDisk 1 TB microSD card inside an SD card adapter. I reformatted it to NTFS and Windows 10 recognizes it as an external drive. I have a 951.4 GB of Apple Music downloads library on that card and another library on the C drive that I'm nearing completion of the downloads to right now.

I also have the library downloaded to a 4TB USB-C mobile drive LaCie makes for Apple (for my MacBook Air), and about 85GB of the videos in my Apple Music library downloaded to an LG Stylo 5 with a Micro Center 500GB microSD card in it.

Last edited by RMESMH; 03-19-2022 at 02:36 AM.. Reason: Added last sentence/paragraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones