Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,632 times

Advertisements

You got your 9 year old kid a phone? Subsidized or not, that's nuts.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,923,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
You got your 9 year old kid a phone? Subsidized or not, that's nuts.
Not really. Kids today don't have the payphones you and I grew up with. Maybe football practice ended early and they need to call for a ride. Maybe a creepy guy is following her home from the library and she needs to call 911. Maybe the kid wrote down the wrong date -- or missed the cancellation notice -- for practice, and after being dropped off at the school, needs a way back. Maybe the kid walks to school through a bad neighborhood.

It's a different world nowadays.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:40 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,632 times
I live in an area where kids don't walk anywhere. It's rural. Kids aren't ever anywhere where they. Any find a phone to use. I can see where you are coming from though.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 4,026 times
my plug on my safelink isnt working.. actually it cam loose and went farther in the phone. I have to wait for a new phone to be sent but have two important government calls im waiting on. can i go buy a cheep identical phone with a battery that can be swaped out to be charged so i can recieve the calls until the new one arrives... then at least ill still have the min that came with the new cell to use too. will this work?>

Old 11-25-2011, 12:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,969 times
honestly people i say that if your handicaped and need the phone after workin years to pay the taxes should have the option... i mayself am paralyzed from my waist down and cant walk to a phone or anywhere else i need the phone to survive plus i am on foodstamps to eat... so does it make me a bad person because i am completely disabled am i not good enough to eat or have a phone to call my doctors or go thru physical therepy? do i deserve to live or do i need to just give up and die? the same thing is for the older people and single parents that need the govrn help just to stay alive... oh and btw i was injoured protecting this country in iraq and stepped on a landmine and broke my back... now please tell me i deserve to just die due to not deserving a phone or foodstamps...

Old 11-25-2011, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,955 times
well people that go out of there way just to talk crap need to get a life like in my case i had tmobile and its been about 3 months that i was not able to affor it so i came a cross this phone service to is very convenient i have the phone so why not used if i can now that was the Question why insted of all the lectures not just help or ignore the answer. people are really desperate for attention

Old 12-11-2011, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,886 times
I really feel sorry for the way some people are talking. You never know what's around the corner. Just because you might have things planned out for the future doesn't mean all will turn out for the best. Yes there are people who pimp the system left and right, who cast a "lazy" shadow on everyone who needs help from the government. But come on not everyone is a user. There are people out there who genuinely need help, and if a free phone with some free minutes will help them out a little bit I don't see the reason to throw shade. People need to stop acting like they got life all mapped out. Circumstances can change just like that for anybody. All this talk of "I'm covered" "If something happens to me I'll be just fine" Things can happen!! I don't wish ill on anyone, but people need to stop acting all high and mighty. I know one thing though the way some posters are talking and judging, don't be surprised when God brings you down to your knees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones