Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:38 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,411,134 times

Advertisements

Its a horrible city!! Its rivers flow with corporate pollution. Downtown streets are soaked with urine and vomit from the homeless. Crime is on every corner. The beaches have heroine and HIV infected syringes all over it. The food is all spit in by the felons cooking it. Every poisonous insect on earth lives here and bites.

Anyone who doesnt live here...take warning and DO NOT move here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,797,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Its a horrible city!! Its rivers flow with corporate pollution. Downtown streets are soaked with urine and vomit from the homeless. Crime is on every corner. The beaches have heroine and HIV infected syringes all over it. The food is all spit in by the felons cooking it. Every poisonous insect on earth lives here and bites.

C- troll

The beaches have loads of heroines around though, usually in the warmer months.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:56 AM

3,865 posts, read 4,602,405 times
Quote:

Sarcasm alert!

Old 03-05-2015, 01:48 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,946,727 times
Quote:

I think this is hilarious. Lol.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:26 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,962,316 times
Quote:

That may be but the city naturally cleans itself of said vomit and urine everytime it rains.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:33 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,455,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
It's a cool city, but nothing is without troubles.
Number 1 problem is it is behind the times, too many people fight development here.
True. Plenty of American cities, especially up North and Midwest, would do anything to be in Charleston's shoes, but some people here act like they dont want it and wish people and business would stop moving here so Charleston and Mt P will magically turn back into a horse and buggy, antebellum, shrimping village again. I dont get it.

Im all for local business, but announce one big box or apartment complex or garage and some people go mad.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:33 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,289,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
True. Plenty of American cities, especially up North and Midwest, would do anything to be in Charleston's shoes, but some people here act like they dont want it and wish people and business would stop moving here so Charleston and Mt P will magically turn back into a horse and buggy, antebellum, shrimping village again. I dont get it.

Im all for local business, but announce one big box or apartment complex or garage and some people go mad.
The problem is..the infrastructure right now here in Charleston can't handle any more people here. Try getting to work living off Bees Ferry Rd. It's a nightmare.. I'm all for progress but have the infrastructure in place before you entertain the thought of adding thousands off more cars onto already grid-locked roads here..

Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,435,935 times
Yea, I am from a Beach. I grew up on the coast and went to U. of South Carolina and moved back over to the coast. So, I'm kinda like a local. I've been here 15 years. Very familiar with Southeastern , Va, Outer Banks, NC down to Charleston on the coast. I just see the development lately that is exploding in the Bee's Ferry (like Pattig said) area West Ashley, and Johns Island are both non-stop developing right now. What is going to happen if they don't move with some road improvements, widening, and I-526? What will happen? The biggest development on Johns Island , similar to Carolina Bay, has been approved right next to where I live, so what's going to happen with the infrastructure now??

When I go back to visit my home beach, there are 3 ways to the beach, there are new paved roads, street lights and street signs everywhere. There are more roads like Sam Rittenburg and Rivers Ave near Northwoods Mall.

They have done a fine job on the Bees Ferry area all the way down to Ashley River Rd. It is very nice with bike paths and walkways. Everything is paved and looks really nice all the way down. The whole area there looks nice with nice neighborhoods, it is clean , and the roads are widened and new. Why doesn't the rest of Charleston do the same?

Old 03-06-2015, 09:19 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,455,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
The problem is..the infrastructure right now here in Charleston can't handle any more people here. Try getting to work living off Bees Ferry Rd. It's a nightmare.. I'm all for progress but have the infrastructure in place before you entertain the thought of adding thousands off more cars onto already grid-locked roads here..

Gridlock is a problem with every American city. Well theyre trying to extend 526, but people dont want it. 526 has already been approved to get widened, but it takes time. Building a Marta-like rail line would help, but itll be a while before its finished and cost money: and would people want it cutting through Mt P or WA or over the rivers?, people are too good to ride the bus, theyre trying to widen 41, but people are arguing over a bridge, the parkway is supposed to be extended to Sville from WA, but theres issues, Mt P should have a 2nd HS by now, but issues arise with that, etc.

I think the infrastructure debate is a little exaggerated and some self inflicted. Traffic is not howdy doody, but ive seen much much worse. Seems the North area is keeping the infrastructure more in check. I understand the apartment debates more, Charleston does have a road issue, but the snobby attitide some possess about big boxes and retail, a chain restaurant, a highway, and 50 foot garage have nothing to do with infrastructure.

Ive even seen someone complain about downtowns gift shops taking away charm...we're a tourist destination, what are we supposed to have? Not like they put a Six Flags on King Street. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area