Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,335,571 times

Advertisements

You obviously have not read The Fair Tax, it is not regressive, it removes more people from the tax roles than the current tax code, it removes all income withholdings for ALL taxes taken from your paycheck.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 AM

4,465 posts, read 8,003,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Yeah yeah, what ever, just because I don't agree with you I suffer from Congnitive dissident?

If they get a slap on the wrist that means they were doing something wrong, since even the least punishment is still punishment for something done wrong........
Know what a 'Court of Equity' was/is?

Know what a 'Slap on the wrist' means?

Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 AM

435 posts, read 835,520 times
Well, that's if you get caught. Also, the capital gain tax is a flat 15% for years when it should be a progressive tax in my opinion. However, like I said, thanks to people like you, it looks like I will be enjoying for another 2 years at least. You see my income tax rate is far higher than my investment income tax rate. As tax goes, it should be assessed on total income in my opinion.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
You obviously have not read The Fair Tax, it is not regressive, it removes more people from the tax roles than the current tax code, it removes all income withholdings for ALL taxes taken from your paycheck.......
Tom,

It's just a rehash of the Tax Code of the 1890's- regressive taxation defined.

No matter what Beck, O'Reilly tell you.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCh View Post
Well, that's if you get caught. Also, the capital gain tax is a flat 15% for years when it should be a progressive tax in my opinion. However, like I said, thanks to people like you, it looks like I will be enjoying for another 2 years at least. You see my income tax rate is far higher than my investment income tax rate. As tax goes, it should be assessed on total income in my opinion.
Two more years, but then all bets are off.

We're probably going to elect the biggest group of wing-nuts to ever hit the American people in Nov.

That's thanks to American ignorance/anger plus a health dose of 'Citizens United' buying elections via propaganda. Plus Mr. Obama's charlatan act, of course.

And after our electorate has sobered-up watch the fun!

Nobody can predict the future 100%, but lets see what happens when 3,000,000 seniors are (overnight) dumped into poverty when Social Security is privatized.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Tom,

It's just a rehash of the Tax Code of the 1890's- regressive taxation defined.

No matter what Beck, O'Reilly tell you.
Beck and O'Reilly don't tell me anything, I don't listen to either one.....

I actually read the proposed law, go figure, something you have obviously not done.....

It is not the same tax code of the 1890's....

Old 09-22-2010, 08:59 AM

How will 3Mil seniors be dumped into poverty by privatizing social security, the current proposal will not affect anyone who is currently on social security, it graduated so that those who are closest to getting social security will have the option of taking it or not and those that are further away like me will have the option, not mandated, to invest our money the way we want to.......

Just another way your are trying to misslead people and scare the elderly, another liberal tactic....

Old 09-22-2010, 09:16 AM

435 posts, read 835,520 times
Quote:
Beck and O'Reilly don't tell me anything, I don't listen to either one.....

I actually read the proposed law, go figure, something you have obviously not done.....

It is not the same tax code of the 1890's....
I read it, first it is not even complete. Second, what they propose to do still requires an enforcement agency. A lot of countries have similar taxation, and people cheat like crazy. Plus, do you know a lot states have trouble collecting sales tax already today. Third, the tax income is expected to fall. So how do you make up the expected short fall? I know we, Americans, are bad at math, but it is regressive (hell, sales tax is inherently regressive; time to audit a college economics course). I don't really call it the "fair tax," I call it "don't tax me."

Old 09-22-2010, 09:50 AM

It takes two people to cheat at a sales tax, it only takes one to cheat at income tax returns, I don't know how states have a problem collecting sales tax but you said it prove it.....

How is it not complete, I have read the complete legislation covers it all....

How is the tax income going to fall? There is a provision for raising and lowing the tax rate but if you would have read the legislation you would know that.....

You keep calling it regressive, tell me how it is regressive, prove your statement....

Old 09-22-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
How will 3Mil seniors be dumped into poverty by privatizing social security,
Just another way your are trying to misslead people and scare the elderly, another liberal tactic....

Tom, ya gotta read more- and not just the rightie stuff.

3,000,000 seniors depend primarily- if not exclusively- on SS. Take it away and they have NOTHING.

Hence, poverty.

In fact, you don't even seem to read ALL the Rightie stuff:

Paul Ryan, a Janesville Republican who is in a safe, gerrymandered district has proposed major changes for SS for EVERYONE under the age of 55.

Chile- the nation- privatized their retirement system in the late 90''s as a result of a trade agreement with US, and when their speculative economy collapsed, most people lost 60% of their funds which, like ours, they had paid into the system.

The 40% figure, though, is based on the decline of our Stock market HAD Bush II's plan to privatize SS (don't think this is a new Teahead idea, do you?) had passed Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area