Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times

Advertisements

"Cockroach Management

The three keys to effective cockroach management are prevention and sanitation, detection and chemical control. Satisfactory cockroach control will not be achieved unless each of these steps is followed."

CSU mentions under 'Chemical Control' Boric Acid, along with numerous other compounds/preps. However for Boric Acid, CSU directly states that it is NOT fast acting, which directly contradicts your point of roaches not becoming resistant to it.

CSU also mentions cautions when using the stuff, which brings us back to the EC's more indepth findings on the stuff:

"The registration and review completed as part of REACH has meant the current classification of Boric Acid CAS 10043-35-3 / 11113-50-1 has been changed to: Highly Toxic [12]" (From the Wiki Article)

So, I urge anyone out there who is worried about roaches, as every dwelling in Charleston, S.C. has 'em, to do a cost/benefit anaylsis on simple sanitation for control of the insects vs chem warfare, which may get both the roaches, and also you.

Lastly, LI Eddie, I read in your posts above, a certain degree of psychoanalysis about my personality type (paging Dr. Freud.) that you have deduced from my posts, plus your 'clever' trap of inserting Charlotte vs Charleston to catch me.

Re: the first point, I would suggest that if you really believe that you can deduce this type of info from this communication, then I'd call (or get my agent to call) Letterman, or Leno, as you'll be the neatest act since the Amazing Kreskin.

Secondly, I'm not sure which scenario scares me the most:

The fact that you'd really do something like that (an on purpose substituition of Charlotte for Charleston) to play frontier psychologist, OR else you'd fabricate such a scheme to cover-up a simple mistake.

Either way, it's a bit too early for Halloween.....................

Last edited by Geechie North; 10-14-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
So, I thought and sought to rid myself of this non-discussion, the flapping of wings by crows who might have been doves.
Like an ambassador, I bailed out, left you an opening within the spectrum of your logic. I seem to perceive from your last comment,
that you have decided to drag this dying comment into the tar-pit of useless commentary, the realm f making the last comment an
inflicting blow upon an adversarial point of view. You cannot offend me nor foist a bent logic upon me, I am impervious to your mis-perceived
machinations. I opened a door, a way for you to gracefully withdraw from a dying issue, the common cockroach! chose to stop bantying words,
to (as I said), stop butting heads on an issue that never really mattered. I'm finding myself engaged or embroiled in an internet struggle over a
friggin' cockroach and YOU are the one who seems to need to have the last word! PUT IT TO BED Dude! Expand your personal horizon beyond
having or needing to be "right" on some damned website! Get a firm grip upon yourself, if it weren't for our dialogue here on city-data, you'd be
doing without dialogue. Pack it in dude, put your need to fire the last volley of bull$h*# in the back seat of your old Ford Fiesta.

I was intently serious about closing our argument, I offered you an "out" by mentioning that to some degree, we are alike. I really thought that
you'd read my comment and smile to yourself in the reassurance that YOU were triumphal. Somehow, you needed to take it to the limit. You weren't
satisfied that I was cheerfully willing to admit that we were both credible people with some points of conversation to offer. Like a "mother-n-law", you
assigned a meaning to whatever I said, taking inference to whatever I said and carrying this fruitless conversation just one step forward!

Your need to have the last and final word upon the subject is only a reflection of your insecurity.
If you were a person of substance, I think that when
I made the graceful concession that we were both right, you (as a rational person), would have welcomed the chance to disengage yourself from an
argument or discussion which was largely headed to the dump. Is having the final word , that important to you? Well, then HAVE IT!!! There is no way that
I'll return to this thread, you may holler into the wind until you are blue in the face. After encountering you the other night, I clarified my understanding of
just what "geechie" means. Enjoy your Carolina "Geechie" status, but know that there are others within this country who still believe that boric acid will still
kill more cockroaches, than people. In any case, my sentiments are directed toward constructive interplay. My real problem is that if it were not for my computer,
I too, would have no other life! Put more than a grain of salt upon all that I say because, Mr Geechie, I'm just another squirrel looking to get a nut...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: