Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 PM

25 posts, read 91,523 times

Advertisements

I stayed at EconoLodge and found the house I've been looking at was just a mile down the road in Sangaree. But since I can't buy until next summer, it probably won't still be for sale.

Anyway, I liked the Sangaree subdivision.

What elementary/MS/HS do children there attend?

I also teach (elementary) and visited Summerville Elem, Flowertown and Newington. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I did not stop at the District Offices as there parking lot was filled up and I had no appointment and thought I might just be in the way. I was also not prepared should an "on the spot" interview come my way.

I drove a circle from Summerville to Goose Creek to Ladson, pretty easy. Every store imaginable between the 3 towns, plus a county fair coming up! Much more to do than where I live now in Upstate Ny.

I did not see a mall though; is there one closer to Charleston or in Charleston?

Thank you for any answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 06:35 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,288 times
The closest mall up there is Northwoods Mall which is on Rivers Avenue in North Charleston...it is quite large and has any store you would/could need. There are lots of other shopping centers, restaurants, car dealerships, etc. on Rivers Ave. as well...including my favorite mega-size crafts store - Michaels.
The elem. school in Sangaree is Sangaree Elementary, then there is Sangaree Intermediate, then Sangaree Middle, then I think the high school would be Berkley High School. (I may be wrong about the h.s.)
Sangaree is a fast-growing community which has a lot of heavy traffic at times...but I have a nephew who is a police officer and lives up there with his wife and 2 sons and they seem happy there. The kids are very involved in Scouts and baseball and the whole family is very involved in their church...seems like a family-oriented community.

Good luck!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:24 PM

SCB, that is too funny because as I was driving around Sangaree- with absolutely no clue how those roads work- I went past a house with a police car in front and I said, "Well, if a cop likes living here, that's a good sign." Maybe that was your nephew.

I also liked your gas prices; I'm paying $3.25 up here.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:36 PM

4 posts, read 10,356 times
I think Sangaree goes to the new high school now. I can not think of the name right now, but I have a friend who live in Cobblestone Ridge in Sangaree and she said her daughter would go to the new high school.
Also there is the Tanger Outlet Mall that is only about 20 min away that is great and Citidel Mall off of 526. It is about 30 minutes though. We live on the other side of Summerville and my children go to Spann and it is a great school!!

Old 07-14-2007, 06:04 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,288 times
beckie1229, you're right about our gas prices..they are about the lowest in the country! I go down to FL about once a month to visit my grandson and I fill up before I leave here and then get just what I'll need to get back when I'm down there. We are definitely spoiled when it comes to gas prices.

Could have been my nephew.....as I said, they do a lot of things as a neighborhood and their boys have a lot of friends there too.

KCBmake3 is right about the new Tangier Outlet - it is great and has just about every brand store you can think of!
Sangaree is a nice area and you might look closely at Summerville too - good schools and nice neighborhoods to fit all income levels.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:06 PM

Yes, my problem is I've just fallen in love with a house on Beauregard St. in Sangaree.

At the edge of Sagaree off Royle Road (I used live.local.com or something like that-it's like google earth where I can see down from bird's eye view) It looks like there are two large complexes. One is obviously a school on Schoolhouse Lane...but south of it is a green roofed building- is that the new high school?

Old 10-11-2007, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,272 times
Thumbs up Selling home in Raintree at Sangaree

I was reading these posts you guys had up about Sangaree-

AND,
I am selling my house in Sangaree. It is located in Raintree at Sangaree. The development is only 2 years old, my house was built in 2005. The entire subdivision is only 25 homes and it is built on a cul-de-sac- so traffic going in and out is minimal.
We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1250 sq foot one story house. We put granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms and we are the only home in the neighborhood w them.
Need to sell asap b/c we have to move due to my husband's job. Listing it on the market next week at $166,000

If anyone is interested, pls email me
Jenp905@msn.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area