Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 12:16 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,307,802 times

Advertisements

I live in Charlotte and decided to come down to visit Charleston with some friends. I'd have to say I was truly amazed and surprised at truly wonderful and awesome of city Charleston truly is. I really love the retail on King street and the view of the water from Battle street. I love the market on Market street and the hotels of Francis Marion and the Embassy Suites seem awesome. Great job on urban re-use. We in Charlotte have done with several of the textile mills in the area. If you ever in Charlotte check out Southend and NoDa andyou'll see. In the mean time I just had to let the residents know, you have a truly wonder ful city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 06:37 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
I live in Charlotte and decided to come down to visit Charleston with some friends. I'd have to say I was truly amazed and surprised at truly wonderful and awesome of city Charleston truly is. I really love the retail on King street and the view of the water from Battle street. I love the market on Market street and the hotels of Francis Marion and the Embassy Suites seem awesome. Great job on urban re-use. We in Charlotte have done with several of the textile mills in the area. If you ever in Charlotte check out Southend and NoDa andyou'll see. In the mean time I just had to let the residents know, you have a truly wonder ful city.
I grew up in Charlotte, but I left in 1992. I have lived in several cities up and down the east coast. However I agree that Charleston is a great place to live. So glad you like it here. Come back and visit anytime! :>)

Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
I grew up in Charlotte, but I left in 1992. I have lived in several cities up and down the east coast. However I agree that Charleston is a great place to live. So glad you like it here. Come back and visit anytime! :>)
I definitely will. I plan on checking out the Embassy Suits that is located in the old Citadel. Not to mention I have some family in North Charleston. Plus, I want to check out Jimmy Nick's and get some She Crab Soup.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,465 times
We just moved down here from the Charlotte area and we love it so far (only been a few weeks).

Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
I think Charleston's great, I need to get back for another visit soon.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:24 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for sharing your impressions.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:38 PM

154 posts, read 392,108 times
Charleston for me was the most beautiful US city I have seen BUT the most boring for a young/single 20 something looking for alot of fun young professionals...I thought the young single scene was really lame. I would love to move back when I am 45 Gorgeous city!

Old 05-05-2015, 12:16 AM

A few years back in 2012 I was so impressed with my initial visit that I honeymooned there in 2012. Had a blast again and stayed in Francis Marion Hotel. I finally checked out Jim N Nicks. Never did get the She Crab Soup though. Discovered the Cinnebarre movie chain and went to the aquarium.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:29 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Can't wait to get back also. Miss the great summers and the smell of the salt marshes.
It has that special ambience and European flavor that you just can't find anywhere else in the states.
Remember many years ago driving back from Calif. with the kids, and hitting U.S. 17 south. As soon as we smelled the salt marsh we knew we were home. Glorious!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:22 AM

74 posts, read 88,282 times
Well I'm living in the greater Charlotte metro area (Rock Hill) good city to raise family, but they are about grow. Just purchase a small townhome in ncharleston and will relocate next summer (2016) hopefully with a job. Charlotte tries to be hip but it's a giant manufactured developed neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area