Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:35 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,432,323 times

Advertisements

I will go first.

I wish IKEA wasn't 4-5 hours away and I wish we had a good Korean Restaurant.

What do you wish we had here that we do not currently have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 05:44 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,505,930 times
I think there was a recent thread on this if I'm not mistaken.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:03 PM

376 posts, read 728,506 times
I thought it needed some comprehensive fitness clubs with weight machines, free weights, basketball and racquetball courts, pool, aerobics classes, maybe tennis courts. St. Andrews Fitness in West Ashley was best thing I found but the weight machines were not that great and the basketball court was a half court with a rubber floor, right next to the pool, and nobody was ever using it.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:24 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,641,036 times
We need a good 1/2 mile DIRT race track in Charleston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of you dont know this,,but we "had" four great dirt tracks back in the 60's and 70's.

Man it was fun!! My Dad's car would win most of the time. (Little Bud Moore even drove the car for a while) The old NASCAR guys know who Im talking about.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:40 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,941,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Rick Hiott View Post
We need a good 1/2 mile DIRT race track in Charleston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of you dont know this,,but we "had" four great dirt tracks back in the 60's and 70's.

Man it was fun!! My Dad's car would win most of the time. (Little Bud Moore even drove the car for a while) The old NASCAR guys know who Im talking about.
When I get my sorry self down there full time lets get over to roebling and VIR and do some track days. The Miata is aching for track time

Old 08-10-2013, 06:44 PM

10,108 posts, read 7,778,315 times
Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas

Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 PM

326 posts, read 498,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHarrison84 View Post
I thought it needed some comprehensive fitness clubs with weight machines, free weights, basketball and racquetball courts, pool, aerobics classes, maybe tennis courts. St. Andrews Fitness in West Ashley was best thing I found but the weight machines were not that great and the basketball court was a half court with a rubber floor, right next to the pool, and nobody was ever using it.
MUSC's wellness center has all of those things. and an indoor track to boot.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:36 PM

31 posts, read 67,755 times
Cabela's is a great choice!

I wish we had a Buca Di Beppo Italian Restaurant.

I wish we had a decent drag strip- we did (Cooper River), but we just HAD to have more tract housing.

I wish we had a nuclear power plant nearby- I'd have a place to work closer than Jenkinsville or Hartsville.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:57 PM

376 posts, read 728,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWILLY View Post
MUSC's wellness center has all of those things. and an indoor track to boot.
That isn't very convenient if you live out in the burbs. I didn't know they let non-students, non-staff work out there but I don't really want to work out at a facility designed for college kids. Just would make me feel old and it seems like I shouldn't be there because it is for the students.

I think Summerville has a nice new YMCA.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 PM

55 posts, read 85,607 times
Dave & busters, a par 3 course with a batting cage, a health club other than east shore with an outdoor pool etc, a mayor that hasn't been in office since I was crapping my diapers, a main thoroughfare that doesn't flood everytime it rains, bonefish grill and a partridge in a pear tree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area