Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace Waters View Post
Robyn, No, that is their time they take the dogs out. I asked them about that. The dog shaking in the corner had nothing to do with me. He was in the kennel. I didn't even get near him. If you want to take your dog to that place go ahead.

ford2fast9, I am little nervous having a kid or a stranger come here to watch them, I live on a busy street and I really don't know how the dogs are going to act without me. They don't run away from me but I don't know if they would run away from a stranger.
Wow that is shocking... maybe I just won't go anywhere :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
Wow that is shocking... maybe I just won't go anywhere :/
I know, I feel the same way. Camp Bow Wow comes really highly recommended from a lot of people I have spoken with. They have web cams so you can check in when you want. I would have to find a place where my dogs can be together to sleep since they are so bonded. That will require a good size kennel!

I am really liking this Hound Hosters company, so I think we will give them a try for the first trip away from home if we really need to kennel them. I just really like the idea of my dogs being with people the entire time we're away.

Another good option if you are traveling by car is to find a boarding facility near your destination so you can drop in for a visit.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM

84 posts, read 177,217 times
Check out My Three Dogs in Mt. Pleasant, which also has webcams, and they post pictures of the dogs at daycare all day long on Facebook. They close at 7, but I happen to know they have a "closer" who cleans overnight and lets the dogs out in the evening. They have a location just off Hwy 17 but will be opening a location on Coleman in the next few months. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
I know, I feel the same way. Camp Bow Wow comes really highly recommended from a lot of people I have spoken with. They have web cams so you can check in when you want. I would have to find a place where my dogs can be together to sleep since they are so bonded. That will require a good size kennel!

I am really liking this Hound Hosters company, so I think we will give them a try for the first trip away from home if we really need to kennel them. I just really like the idea of my dogs being with people the entire time we're away.

Another good option if you are traveling by car is to find a boarding facility near your destination so you can drop in for a visit.
The reason I wanted to use Bed & Biscuit is because it is like my previous boarding place where the dogs can stay together in one run and the run is inside/outside and they can go back and forth all day if they want. They shut the door to the outside off at night though... They are active and they need more than just a box all day. They also love sitting outside off an on. I will probably give B&B a visit to check it out for myself because it's the only one in the area I know of that has the indoor/outdoor.

I just looked up the Hound Hosters... It makes me too nervous to have them at other people's houses... less of a controlled environment. Plus it says they can take up to 3 dogs and my dogs don't get along with other dogs.

I've also thought about a pet sitter, but it's not enough of a controlled environment for me and I do not like the idea of them being alone all day. Plus I don't like the idea of someone being in my house and possibly accidentally leaving the door unlocked or any other weird thing like that.

Even though boarding is more crowded and etc, I like that it is controlled and they have a schedule and can go in/out... I'll pay a visit and hope that it's like my old one... if so it's perfect for us... We only go once or twice a year ...

Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 PM

14 posts, read 13,763 times
Robyn, let me know what you think when you go there. From what I understand they are in the kennel all day except for 2 times a day. If you want them out of the kennel extra time you pay extra for it. The space where they come in and out of in the kennel is small. I would have rather they just closed it off and made it a bigger kennel. Anyway, good luck. I hope we both find what we are looking for.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:27 PM

Robynn, did you read about the Mastiff who got loose recently at a boarding facility on Johns Island? They didn't even know he had escaped until the owners came to pick him up. I guess I can understand how that could happen. Mastiffs are so tiny, after all.
It's just so hard to trust anyone with your babies, hmmm?
I would be uncomfortable with someone staying in my house, too.
Did you check all the MP kennels? I'm surprised that no one else will let you board two dogs in the same run. I know there is a place behind Sonic that does, but when I went to look at the place it looked pretty sketchy.
I would prefer my dogs to be with people the entire time they are away from me, but barring that they would absolutely have to be kept together.

Until I find a boarding place I really like I'll just keep renting cabins where my dogs can come on vacation with me.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Robynn, did you read about the Mastiff who got loose recently at a boarding facility on Johns Island? They didn't even know he had escaped until the owners came to pick him up. I guess I can understand how that could happen. Mastiffs are so tiny, after all.
No that's pathetic

Quote:
It's just so hard to trust anyone with your babies, hmmm?
Yes

Quote:
Did you check all the MP kennels? I'm surprised that no one else will let you board two dogs in the same run.
I want them not to just stay together, but to be able to have a run where they can go in and out. I've just done a bit of google searching... I haven't done a ton of research yet or visited any...

Old 07-31-2012, 06:05 PM

14 posts, read 13,763 times
Geeezzz, that is terrible about them losing that dog. I just don't even want to go anymore. I always take my babies with me on vacation where ever I go, but this time I am going to Hawaii.. a little hard to take them there.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM

My neighbor was raving again today about Camp Bow Wow. On her last vacation she was able to check in visually on her dogs with her cell phone.
I really hope that you are able to find a place where you can be comfortable so you can enjoy your Hawaii vacation. Seems like your peace of mind is worth spending a little bit of money to let the dog stay over a night before hand so you can try the place out.
Good luck!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:06 PM

142 posts, read 270,179 times
I live in GC too, and used to live off Clements Ferry Rd. and boarded my two dogs at Camp Bow Wow, they are great, I can't say enough good things. Another really solid one is Charleston Dog House near the airport, both have webcams to watch your dogs play (which is pretty hilarious) and your dogs come back exercised and happy.

I would strongly suggest either of those, with Charleston Dog House being a bit more economical out of the two, either will allow your two dogs to share an area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area