Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 PM

9 posts, read 14,683 times

Advertisements

24 yr old male moving to the Charleston area for a job near the airport, possibly within the next month or so. I know downtown is expensive, plus it's a bit farther from the airport than I'd like to drive each day. Looking for suggestions near there airport area, quiet...but still has some people my age hanging around, wouldn't mind a good few restaurants & bar/nightlife scene. I've been looking at Summerville & Hanahan, but I don't really know the area well. Also...any apartment/house rental ideas near the area?

Any info would be awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 PM

229 posts, read 371,649 times
You may want to include a price range! That would be very helpful.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM

I haven't seen an offer sheet as of yet, but I'd roughly say 1k a month rental would probably be expected.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 AM

662 posts, read 1,411,246 times
Probably the Park circle area of North Charleston would be a good fit for you

Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,020,096 times
The airport is only 10 minutes from downtown. That said, Park Circle, some areas of the Dorchester Rd. corridor, some parts of Summervillem could put you just as close/closer. It'll depend on traffic patterns though. Going from downtown to the airport means you're constantly moving opposite traffic, which is why the commute would be pretty nice.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Oh nice DJShymansky! I didn't think about the traffic aspect of it. I drive to and from the airport property that I work for now here in Greensboro, NC and I don't mind it at all. I actually enjoy driving just don't wanna risk getting stuck/lost on my first few days on the job. I'd love to live in downtown Charleston if I could afford to, that would be ideal. That being said, I also don't wanna live in a s#!+hole just to be closer to downtown . I wouldn't mind living on the outskirts if I could get more bang for my buck (upgraded kitchen is really what I'm looking for, coming from a studio apartment that was super dated and a tiny kitchen). If anyone has any ideas or knows anyone to talk to in the downtown Charleston area I'd appreciate the hookup. I'm actually driving down tomorrow night for a final breakfast interview Friday morning. I'll probably hang around the area just to see if I spot anything while driving around.

Thanks for the ideas!

Old 09-27-2012, 02:16 PM

9 posts, read 11,509 times
Default Airport

There are a lot of good housing options near the airport. The specifics will depend on your budget. Most of the better housing near the airport is in the direction toward Summerville including N Charleston and Ladson.
Hanahan is a little further to drive but still close enough. Just get with a realtor to send you area rentals are help with areas.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:54 AM

Well, I landed the job! Looking @ around 1k a month for rent or less. I'll be working in the N. Charleston Coliseum area just outside of the airport. Are there any apartments or condos around the Tanger outlet area or International Blvd? My other option would be living closer to CoC, but I know that would be more expensive. Thanks!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM

I'll be down this weekend to do a little looking around...so far I haven't been able to find a place that wasn't a sketch hole for less than 800$, not including utilites. Does ANY ONE have any ideas of places to live that aren't so expensive? Maybe it's just me coming from a smaller market, but I feel like I should be able to afford something better than what I'm finding online. If I had a friend/roommate it would be different, but unfortunately I don't at this point.

Anywhere in Summerville, West Ashley, Hanahan, Mt. Pleasant, Ladson, Goose Creek...something that's within a 20 min drive.

Last edited by mrumzy; 10-03-2012 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: location

Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
The Park Circle area is close to that and is a good option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area