Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,387,627 times

Advertisements

I would like to thank everyone for all their responses and advice you guys have given It was truly quite helpful..

We Stayed on King Street, Great Place loved the food and the shopping...We went to a Mediterranean Cafe and had Gyro's excellent...Friday we ventured drove through IOP which was Beautiful a bit too touristy for us since this trip was to get a feel for some different areas to possibly buy something down the road and hang our hats so to speak..We then went to the Outlets since the weather wasn't great until early afternoon, We did some awesome shopping...Went back to the Condo and went for dinner across the street on King Street at a Thai Place that was wow delish..After dinner we went back to the condo and then walked to Kaminski's for dessert, the Cake we had was good Iv'e had better but their Coffee's were excellent...Saturday morning we went to Toast for Breakfast also delicious, we then the weather was getting really nice so we Ventured out to Mt Pleasant and drove around some developments and stopped at Friday's for Appetizers mid afternoon...Our thoughts on Mt Pleasant..Although it wasn't for us, it was a very lovely town and can see it being really built up...The Location is great..We went to Friday's for Appetizers and then drove back to the Condo so we could get ready as we had reservations at Halls Chophouse...WOW what an experience that was..The food was some of the BEST we have ever had even in the NYC steakhouses..the owner greeted us as the door and introduced himself, We were seated upstairs the ambiance was so beautiful and charming as I must say that was our favorite thing about Charleston was how charming it is anyhoo, Everything from the Service to the Appetizers to the Meal and to the Dessert was excellent..Sunday we were going to head home but before we did we wanted to drive through John's Island just wasn't our cup of tea we then went to Seabrook Island which well that was also very Beautiful since we couldn't get through the gates from what we saw, I can see us Vacationing There but not living there full time eventually, Same with Kiawah Island as well...On the way home we wanted to drive through West Ashley which we did and we liked the area, went to some new construction, some other developments ..In the end we had a wonderful get away, accomplished what we wanted too and have decided it is a beautiful place to vacation..I think our hearts are still in South Florida and this trip gave us a lot to think about..So with that I say thank you to all!!

I will say we might plan another vacation trip in Late September for my birthday or maybe the holiday time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
I would like to thank everyone for all their responses and advice you guys have given It was truly quite helpful..

We Stayed on King Street, Great Place loved the food and the shopping...We went to a Mediterranean Cafe and had Gyro's excellent...Friday we ventured drove through IOP which was Beautiful a bit too touristy for us since this trip was to get a feel for some different areas to possibly buy something down the road and hang our hats so to speak..We then went to the Outlets since the weather wasn't great until early afternoon, We did some awesome shopping...Went back to the Condo and went for dinner across the street on King Street at a Thai Place that was wow delish..After dinner we went back to the condo and then walked to Kaminski's for dessert, the Cake we had was good Iv'e had better but their Coffee's were excellent...Saturday morning we went to Toast for Breakfast also delicious, we then the weather was getting really nice so we Ventured out to Mt Pleasant and drove around some developments and stopped at Friday's for Appetizers mid afternoon...Our thoughts on Mt Pleasant..Although it wasn't for us, it was a very lovely town and can see it being really built up...The Location is great..We went to Friday's for Appetizers and then drove back to the Condo so we could get ready as we had reservations at Halls Chophouse...WOW what an experience that was..The food was some of the BEST we have ever had even in the NYC steakhouses..the owner greeted us as the door and introduced himself, We were seated upstairs the ambiance was so beautiful and charming as I must say that was our favorite thing about Charleston was how charming it is anyhoo, Everything from the Service to the Appetizers to the Meal and to the Dessert was excellent..Sunday we were going to head home but before we did we wanted to drive through John's Island just wasn't our cup of tea we then went to Seabrook Island which well that was also very Beautiful since we couldn't get through the gates from what we saw, I can see us Vacationing There but not living there full time eventually, Same with Kiawah Island as well...On the way home we wanted to drive through West Ashley which we did and we liked the area, went to some new construction, some other developments ..In the end we had a wonderful get away, accomplished what we wanted too and have decided it is a beautiful place to vacation..I think our hearts are still in South Florida and this trip gave us a lot to think about..So with that I say thank you to all!!

I will say we might plan another vacation trip in Late September for my birthday or maybe the holiday time..
Thanks for giving an update on your visit. It's helpful to those looking to relocate there.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:55 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,571 times
Glad you guys had a good trip, and you're right- this is a charming city!

Kaminsky's has the best coffee drinks ever. I don't even get dessert there, I just get the coffees

Old 07-17-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
Glad you guys had a good trip, and you're right- this is a charming city!

Kaminsky's has the best coffee drinks ever. I don't even get dessert there, I just get the coffees
Yummm the Coffee's....lol

yes we had a wonderful trip

Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,945,961 times
You've said a couple of times that Mt Pleasant isn't for you ... Since MtP is on my short lust, I'm curious: what's the dealbreaker for you?

Old 07-17-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You've said a couple of times that Mt Pleasant isn't for you ... Since MtP is on my short lust, I'm curious: what's the dealbreaker for you?
It just wasn't what we were looking for...It wasn't one particular thing that we didn't like...

Old 07-20-2013, 08:18 AM

6,589 posts, read 7,093,175 times
I hope that you tried Harmony Grill while you were there. If you hadn't the next time you go try the food there. It was great home style southern cooking.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:54 AM

golf we wanted to but I don't know if my Reflux would have liked that very much...lol

We will be visiting again and hope to get there as it was on my list

Old 07-20-2013, 09:43 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
It just wasn't what we were looking for...It wasn't one particular thing that we didn't like...
It's okay . It wasn't for us either...

BTW, was the Med. restaurant you guys had called Mannys? We went there the other night, pretty good!

Old 07-20-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
It's okay . It wasn't for us either...

BTW, was the Med. restaurant you guys had called Mannys? We went there the other night, pretty good!

no it was right on King Street-Taziki's Cafe it was delish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area