Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 12:15 PM

5 posts, read 10,223 times

Advertisements

Looking for an overall improvement in life! I know it is all relative but would love to hear some opinions on this and possibly make some connections! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 02:13 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,278,612 times
Worth a try.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:26 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,518 times
The job market is more vibrant in Orlando, the overall cost of living is (quite a bit) cheaper in Orlando....there's more to do in Orlando. I'd stay put.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:31 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
The job market is more vibrant in Orlando, the overall cost of living is (quite a bit) cheaper in Orlando....there's more to do in Orlando. I'd stay put.
I moved from DFW Tx to Richmond back in 2001.

The job market was more vibrant in DFW vs. Richmond. The cost of living was less in DFW vs. Richmond. There was more to do in DFW vs. Richmond.

That being said, I'm much happier in Richmond. All that glitters ain't gold.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post

Well... Orlando is a bit larger and has Disney, Universal Studios, etc., but that being said i wouldn't say that moving to Charleston is a bad move. You are near the beach, history, and you have a pretty good mix of shopping and restaurants. I moved from Kissimmee about three years ago to Summerville and have found the area quite enjoyable. It depends on your taste. Charleston is a pretty awesome spot.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,294,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbound! View Post
Looking for an overall improvement in life! I know it is all relative but would love to hear some opinions on this and possibly make some connections! Thanks in advance!
And your age is ...?

Instead of the "what is your price range" inquiry, I think knowing your age (and IF you are in the norm life stage for that number) might help you yield more helpful responses.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 AM

85 posts, read 130,930 times
What don't you like in Orlando that you trying find somewhere else? This may help answer if Charleston is your answer. We moved cos we don't want to see snow again on a daily basis.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
And your age is ...?

Instead of the "what is your price range" inquiry, I think knowing your age (and IF you are in the norm life stage for that number) might help you yield more helpful responses.

I know it was a very general post. I am 30 and single without children, so no, not in the typical life stage for that number. My situation is sort of different. I will share more info in reply to the other post.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
And your age is ...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ind-limey View Post
What don't you like in Orlando that you trying find somewhere else? This may help answer if Charleston is your answer. We moved cos we don't want to see snow again on a daily basis.
Oh..where to start...It seems like the main activities here are the theme parks and drinking. This is not my scene at all. So I am looking for more to do, a better singles scene, better real estate market/job opportunities that do not depend solely on the tourist seasons, somewhere with more of a community feel, want to be closer to the beach, somewhere with more culture and history, cooler summers (no snow for me either!), and an overall change of scenery (I've been here since I was a kid). My mother would be moving with me. We lost my brother last year and need a fresh start.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:14 PM

547 posts, read 1,196,279 times
yes, move. Don't look back... its freaking paradise. there you go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area