Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,732,449 times

Advertisements

I had never used Craigslist for anything but found a good rental home in our area that allowed pets. I found the owner to be more flexible than most rental companies. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 05:38 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Our rentals downtown are full, but pets are ok there. If something suddenly becomes available I can let you know, but that's a long shot.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:43 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Our rentals downtown are full, but pets are ok there. If something suddenly becomes available I can let you know, but that's a long shot.
Where do you live?

We contemplated on something downtown, but that means we would have to go to MP for all of our needs. We also would have to make sure its out of a major flood zone, not near a huge traffic jam area, and there is good cell phone service. I feel all of that disqualifies us from living downtown LOL.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 AM

I live roughly across the river from the Citadel in West Ashley. The houses though are in Hampton Park Terrace. One is going month to month and has been for a long time now. Others, someone would end up getting out of a lease and there haven't been any signs that'll happen. Anyway if the month to month one ends up moving out I can let you know. The yard is has a wooden fence and keeps their large dogs in just fine.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I live roughly across the river from the Citadel in West Ashley. The houses though are in Hampton Park Terrace. One is going month to month and has been for a long time now. Others, someone would end up getting out of a lease and there haven't been any signs that'll happen. Anyway if the month to month one ends up moving out I can let you know. The yard is has a wooden fence and keeps their large dogs in just fine.
Really?! I would love a fenced-in yard for our pup. My husband is also attending the Citadel next fall so that would be extremely convenient on him.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:51 PM

How is Spring Street downtown?

Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
How is Spring Street downtown?
IMO it's alright, except I'd rather not be in the block between King and Meeting. Off street parking is important there.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:22 AM

92 posts, read 202,337 times
Try Gregorie Ferry out by 41. They are new and very pet friendly.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:56 AM

559 posts, read 2,115,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
I am sending you a link to a few pet friendly rentals. There are two in Park West and there is a dog park across the street plus all of the green space in the area. Hope this helps.
Husband and I are going to Mt. Pleasant for a job interview for me at Roper Hospital. I would love to have the link of dog-friendly rentals as we will need to rent for a little while until our home in WA sells. Also, anywhere in Mt. Pleasant you can find single-family homes for less than $200,000. My husband says since we are retired, he really does not want to spend a lot of money on a home at his age (he is 68).

Thank you!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:05 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightcopperkettles View Post

Husband and I are going to Mt. Pleasant for a job interview for me at Roper Hospital. I would love to have the link of dog-friendly rentals as we will need to rent for a little while until our home in WA sells. Also, anywhere in Mt. Pleasant you can find single-family homes for less than $200,000. My husband says since we are retired, he really does not want to spend a lot of money on a home at his age (he is 68).

Thank you!
Not impossible to find something in Mt. P for that price, but tough. Zillow shows 18 properties, some of which may or may not be single family homes. The biggest thing you can do is find a good buyers agent. As far as pet friendly renters, friends of ours used Seacoast Properties and got a really nice 1800sqft 3BR,2BA home on a fenced lot for about $1800. That's pretty typical. I'd check with them.

Might be good to rent an apartment first, though. It'll be cheaper and there are some decent apartments in Mt. P that allow pets and do 3-6 month leases. Paces Watch is a good one.

Mount Pleasant SC 29464 Homes For Sale & 29464 Real Estate - Zillow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area