Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 09:02 AM

326 posts, read 719,056 times

Advertisements

'Thinking about staying in Charleston for three months next year when the weather turns nice enough in SC for the beach. Which month should I start thinking about starting my stay, Feb or Mar or April? Additionally, I want to stay in a safe area pretty close to the beach (15 min drive) for about $800 to $1,000 a month. I have been to James Island, Mt. Pleasant, downtown Charleston area several years ago. I liked Mt. Pleasant, but I got the feeling it was more upscale than the other locales I visited and don't know if any apartments there would be in my price range. I would need a one bedroom, possibly two (depending on rent), furnished apartment, prefer complex with pool and/or gym and I need close access to a decent hospital for my Mom, just in case. Are apartment rentals available on a month to month basis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 01:58 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,520 times
Most furnished 1 bedrooms start at $995 (not including util.) then you have the problem that most of out HOA'S do not allow short term leases in Mount Pleasant. Call a few apartments and see if they have furnished rentals . I am not sure they do.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:10 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,600,535 times
For a short summer rental you might try finding a college student that wants to keep their place but go home for the summer. Sometimes they want to sublet for the summer months. Probably wouldnt' start til late May but that's not the worst time if you want to spend time at the beach. If you mean actual swimming at the beach, you probably won't want to be here before late April anyway.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Also -- there are snowbirds in the area that leave the end of April -- they may take a 3 month rental. Check with a few agents in the area.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:49 PM

83 posts, read 102,899 times
Try VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area