Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:56 AM

54 posts, read 63,586 times

Advertisements

We are moving in the spring to the Charleston area and my son is a high level travel baseball player. He is a utility player that includes being able to pitch and catch. We are looking for a travel team with a few pre-requisites...including daddy ball teams. What leagues do they play in the Charleston area? We are used to Nations baseball but I am not seeing any teams on their website in the Charleston area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 11:47 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,281,291 times
This is the only one I've heard of because a kid from there tried to sell me something

Diamond Devils Baseball - Home

Old 01-20-2015, 02:59 PM

243 posts, read 283,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
This is the only one I've heard of because a kid from there tried to sell me something

Diamond Devils Baseball - Home

probably the top travel team in the area (likely in all of SC). There are other teams in the area but I don't think any of them are at this level.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:54 PM

Is it considered the top baseball program because they win or is it the top baseball program because of the way they conduct business and the way they bring out potential in the players? I am more concerned about good quality coaching and the players progressing over the "win at all cost" mentality. Maybe that is just a problem local to the area we are in now but quality coaching seems hard to find.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:57 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,281,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hescaught View Post
Is it considered the top baseball program because they win or is it the top baseball program because of the way they conduct business and the way they bring out potential in the players? I am more concerned about good quality coaching and the players progressing over the "win at all cost" mentality. Maybe that is just a problem local to the area we are in now but quality coaching seems hard to find.
Check out their fb page... comments and posts by them and others... maybe you can get an idea that way

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamo...l/176507544420

Old 01-22-2015, 12:02 AM

243 posts, read 283,049 times
Quote:
I say best in terms of the level of players that have come through the team, using players drafted and college scholarships as the basis for that. Guys like Matt Wieters, Justin Smoak, Drew Meyer, Reece Havens, Nick Ciuffo, Taylor Guerrieri (I think) are all guys who played for the DDs who were drafted in the first couple of rounds either out of high school or college (I think most of these guys were picked in the first round). Carolina's roster was littered with Diamond Devils players for years (for a while it seemed like if there was a kid from SC on the roster that is where he played his travel ball, and these guys were from all over the state, not just the Charleston area) and I am sure Clemson's roster was similar.

I can't comment on the quality of coaching or the mentality but I find it hard to believe that they could continuously attract the top talent from the area and the state without having some quality coaches.

There are a couple of baseball training facilities in the area that I believe also have travel teams. Charleston Baseball Academy (which I think is in Goose Creek) is one and there is another in West Ashely but I don't recall its name. I know CBA offers private instruction and I believe they have a field attached to their facility. Again I can't really comment on the quality of the coaching other than I grew up playing ball against one of their instructors (his dad also was one of my coaches as a kid) and he was a pretty good player and should know the game.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:18 AM

He's 14 sorry!!

Old 05-27-2015, 04:14 AM

140 posts, read 279,716 times
For 14u other than diamond Devils, you have properformance athletics (PPA) out of mount pleasant, East Coast Baseball Academy (ECBA) in West Ashley, Carolina Baseball Academy out of Goose Creek. My 7 year old plays 9u travel ball here locally. PM me if you have questions.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:33 AM

2 posts, read 9,124 times
Quote:
hescaught, Happy New Year. How did things work out for you and your son? My son plays 14U this year, will play this season/summer in Georgia, but we will be relocating to Charleston prior to school High School starting this coming summer. We have time to research and watch programs, just interested in any feed back/input you might have?

Old 01-02-2016, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 9,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
I say best in terms of the level of players that have come through the team, using players drafted and college scholarships as the basis for that. Guys like Matt Wieters, Justin Smoak, Drew Meyer, Reece Havens, Nick Ciuffo, Taylor Guerrieri (I think) are all guys who played for the DDs who were drafted in the first couple of rounds either out of high school or college (I think most of these guys were picked in the first round). Carolina's roster was littered with Diamond Devils players for years (for a while it seemed like if there was a kid from SC on the roster that is where he played his travel ball, and these guys were from all over the state, not just the Charleston area) and I am sure Clemson's roster was similar.

I can't comment on the quality of coaching or the mentality but I find it hard to believe that they could continuously attract the top talent from the area and the state without having some quality coaches.

There are a couple of baseball training facilities in the area that I believe also have travel teams. Charleston Baseball Academy (which I think is in Goose Creek) is one and there is another in West Ashely but I don't recall its name. I know CBA offers private instruction and I believe they have a field attached to their facility. Again I can't really comment on the quality of the coaching other than I grew up playing ball against one of their instructors (his dad also was one of my coaches as a kid) and he was a pretty good player and should know the game.
Gamecock303,

Great information. Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area