Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:08 PM

937 posts, read 699,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2022 View Post
Looking to relocate from Buffalo NY What kind of jobs does SC have ?
Probably plenty of minimum wage jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 08:33 PM

355 posts, read 390,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
I thought a 'good job' was one of those Mount Pleasant 'work from home' jobs where you don't actually work or stay home. Go to the gym, run errands, hang at Starbucks, periodically check work emails on phone...
I have all the qualifications for that position. Please Email me to set up my interview.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Probably plenty of minimum wage jobs.
You will find employment here. Pay rates all depend on the position and company. Buffalo is not all high paying jobs either. Many move here less move back. Your issue will not be related to work ,more to the traffic and the heat during the summers and just getting used to a new place to live. Hay give it a shot if it dose not work out then go back. I would give it at least 2 years before you trow in the towel and move back. It takes time to adjust and leave your comfort zone.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:51 PM

3,863 posts, read 4,600,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
You will find employment here. Pay rates all depend on the position and company. Buffalo is not all high paying jobs either. Many move here less move back. Your issue will not be related to work ,more to the traffic and the heat during the summers and just getting used to a new place to live. Hay give it a shot if it dose not work out then go back. I would give it at least 2 years before you trow in the towel and move back. It takes time to adjust and leave your comfort zone.
Chamber of commerce should snag that slogan.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:33 AM

Lol

Old 07-28-2017, 06:46 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,424,768 times
The average family and per-capita income in Charleston is almost double the same stat for Buffalo ... and of course taxes are much lower in Charleston ... stats are available right here on C-D. ... not hard to find.

So much for who has minimum wage jobs...

Old 07-28-2017, 11:11 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
Note, Videobruce is mainly active on the politics forum. He probably doesn't actually care and most likely just stumbled on this thread from the "similar thread" links at the bottom. Which would make sense given the "north vs south", "rural vs urban", "liberals vs conservatives", "good vs evil" simplicity of those types of forums. He mostly likely has no interest and has done no research into SC. It's much easier for their narrative to assume we're all a bunch of minimum wage tobacco farmers who live in trailers otherwise it might complicate their world view. Don't waste time convincing this guy as he's probably already moved on to 50 different political hot topics by now.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:11 PM

As a relo I can speak about up North. Life isn't built around a high salary. If that was the case there would be no credit card bills connected with the high salary. 85,000 here, live within your means you can do very well.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:05 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Note, Videobruce is mainly active on the politics forum. He probably doesn't actually care and most likely just stumbled on this thread from the "similar thread" links at the bottom. Which would make sense given the "north vs south", "rural vs urban", "liberals vs conservatives", "good vs evil" simplicity of those types of forums. He mostly likely has no interest and has done no research into SC. It's much easier for their narrative to assume we're all a bunch of minimum wage tobacco farmers who live in trailers otherwise it might complicate their world view. Don't waste time convincing this guy as he's probably already moved on to 50 different political hot topics by now.
Thanks Zig, for saving my time. You may have just been baiting him, you may have nailed him. Either way, you make sense & save me from any further thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area