Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 06:35 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,010,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Yeah, after I have I posted earlier I saw a few articles about superchargers and an apparent delay with them coming to SC or expanding in SC. Thanks for the info.

I checked Tesla's website and it shows there is one coming soon in Charleston =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
That's a handsome bathroom. I've thought about doing a similar setup at my house because the best location to add a bath is to the side of the house with narrow space available. I'm not big on floating countertops but that looks like nice stone.

Yeah I'm usually not a fan of the floating countertops, but I love the shower/bath setup.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
You are a Superhero with that restaurant list. Care to compare Lewis BBQ to Home Team ??
Home Team is having their annual Rock the Block party on the 22nd.....if you can imagine a couple hundred people on that block with live music and good BBQ.

The pix of Dewberry's Flat room looks awesome. I'm always looking for good recommendations to visitors. THe Dewberry wanted to put a Rooftop Bar on the building, but didn't list it in their original application. Don't know if they will ever get that done.

I actually liked Lewis more, I appreciated the decor and I don't know the food just tasted more impressive, but I still liked Home Team very much. Had the prime rib, pulled pork sandwich and brisket. That sounds like a blast, I can imagine how it would be haha.

I approve of the Dewberry for sure. I could have also gone to the Belmond, but ended up going with Dewberry and I had no regrets.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:38 PM

Oh one question I have is... do people in/around Charleston have a southern accent? I spent 90% of the time in the downtown area because of the charging situation, but was expecting to hear southern accents everywhere, but I don’t know if I heard a single one. Is that normal for Charleston or just weird timing?

Old 02-13-2020, 07:56 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,951,138 times
I've had the Prime Rib at Lewis and it is to die for.

The southern accent is being homogenized by the many transplants we have moving in every day. Nothing sounds worse than a Northerner trying to say Y'all. If you go South of Broad Street you can hear a lot of the Old Charleston accent .......there's no "R" in Chal-ston. If you head west into the uplands, you'll hear the deep south accents, it sounds very much like the Brits who first settled here.

Accents are being scrubbed all over the nation. I had a radio show in college, and the first thing they did was make us take an Accent Elimination Course....the vowels are the culprit, especially the letter "O" is a big tell.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:27 AM

2,336 posts, read 2,577,018 times
I don't know that you can fairly compare Lewis and Home Team, since they're very different kinds of BBQ. Lewis is Texas style and more beef focused with tomato based sauce. Home Team is southern style featuring more pork and chicken, and vinegary sauces. That said, they're both really good in their own ways but given the choice I'll take Lewis' brisket all day long.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
I've had the Prime Rib at Lewis and it is to die for.

The southern accent is being homogenized by the many transplants we have moving in every day. Nothing sounds worse than a Northerner trying to say Y'all. If you go South of Broad Street you can hear a lot of the Old Charleston accent .......there's no "R" in Chal-ston. If you head west into the uplands, you'll hear the deep south accents, it sounds very much like the Brits who first settled here.

Accents are being scrubbed all over the nation. I had a radio show in college, and the first thing they did was make us take an Accent Elimination Course....the vowels are the culprit, especially the letter "O" is a big tell.

Yes lol, we weren't even hungry, but were given a sample of the brisket, so we went all out.

Good to know haha, thanks!

Old 03-15-2020, 10:16 AM

115 posts, read 326,078 times
I suggest the Shrimp and Grits at Husk. I am a relocated Yankee, and must admit the meal there is life-changing

Old 03-16-2020, 02:45 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,700,954 times
How do you think Charleston is going to be for tourist at this time?

Old 03-16-2020, 06:56 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,849,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
How do you think Charleston is going to be for tourist at this time?
There won’t be a line or wait for anything. Some attractions may close. Plenty of parking everywhere, and Very little traffic. So I’d say overall great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area