Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 08:36 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times

Advertisements

I was in CVS anyway and saw in the back where people were getting shots. I asked if they had any extra or if there was a list I could get put on. They said at the time, they didn't have extra but they would put me on their list to be called should there be extra another day. They took my name, age and telephone number.

A few days later, they called and I got the first shot. They had about 6 other people there that they called to come in at that time. I'll go back soon for the 2nd shot. I'll be glad to be done with it.

The DHEC phone number worked great when helping my mom get an appt but I wasn't as successful when I tried for my appt.

Don't forget to take your vaccine card after you've gotten your vaccines and show it at Krispy Kreme. You can go once a day for the rest of 2021 for a free donut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 08:50 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times
Take note, as of April 1st, they are opening up shots for everyone over 16.

Old 03-27-2021, 11:54 AM

12,918 posts, read 18,765,744 times
I had given up and was about to take my mom up on going to Bamberg where she lives to go to their Thursday vaccine-a-thon when my spouse’s brother and sister-in-law in Aiken said their computers, some speed-typing and perseverance should snag us some appointments here. After their first day of trying, they called to apologize and said it kicked their butt, but that they were determined (some sort of tax write-off for helping people? IDK - something like that). So the next day we got email confirmation of our appointments at a local Publix. Someone on Facebook was giving me a hard time, missing my point that it shouldn’t be so hard and that it doesn’t make sense to have to find out the hard way by word of mouth that the rural places were the way to go, without an appointment - just get up early, pick a town 90 minutes away, and go for it. I told them I love driving to rural places and visiting, but that when we’re in a pandemic and I’ve waited my turn age-wise, why should I expect, and why should I know without hearing about it by word of mouth, that I would be taking a day trip to who knows where to get vaccinated? They need to do better next time.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:15 PM

727 posts, read 716,088 times
Vaccines all over the place now, it seems.

MUSC sent this: https://netcommunity.musc.edu/emailv...8-37115d368661

We were able to take our pick of appointments there.

Then today Roper called about us being on their waitlist, ready to make appointments.

I hope there is actually vaccine available next Friday when we go to MUSC.....

Old 03-28-2021, 12:32 PM

882 posts, read 1,463,903 times
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the way to get one through CVS is going through their website registration just past midnight. That's when all the appointments open up for as early as four days from registering. But you have to get there at that time as all the slots run out a few minutes later, and I imagine it's going to be worse now that it's going to be open to everyone. That's how did it anyway. I went into the system 12:01am Wednesday and got my first Moderna shot this morning.

At least I think I got it because it was the most uneventful thing ever. Barely felt the needle, didn't feel any liquid going into my arm, and the whole thing lasted less than three seconds. I'm actually super suspicious that they placeboed me. Anyone else have had the Moderna and is willing to reassure me?

Old 03-28-2021, 01:25 PM

12,918 posts, read 18,765,744 times
I got my first Moderna nine days ago. You’re good.

Old 03-28-2021, 07:17 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,600,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the way to get one through CVS is going through their website registration just past midnight. That's when all the appointments open up for as early as four days from registering. But you have to get there at that time as all the slots run out a few minutes later, and I imagine it's going to be worse now that it's going to be open to everyone. That's how did it anyway. I went into the system 12:01am Wednesday and got my first Moderna shot this morning.

At least I think I got it because it was the most uneventful thing ever. Barely felt the needle, didn't feel any liquid going into my arm, and the whole thing lasted less than three seconds. I'm actually super suspicious that they placeboed me. Anyone else have had the Moderna and is willing to reassure me?
My daughter found the same thing at Walmart's website. At midnight they release a new set of available appointments. She got her first shot a week ago or so. I got the second shot about 10 days ago and aside from a sore shoulder both times, I had no side effects. I thought the same thing at the time... I was expecting something with a bit of pain to it but it felt like nearly nothing. The sore shoulder was unexpected though. It was sore enough that I didn't sleep on that side for a night or two. My daughter and I both received the Moderna version.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:40 PM

846 posts, read 1,798,332 times
Got my first Moderna last Friday afternoon at Walmart Neighborhood Market on Red Bank Rd in Goose Creek. Waited maybe 30-45 minutes in the store for it. Only side effect was a swollen area where the shot went and a sore arm for a couple days.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:23 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,600,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan16 View Post
Got my first Moderna last Friday afternoon at Walmart Neighborhood Market on Red Bank Rd in Goose Creek. Waited maybe 30-45 minutes in the store for it. Only side effect was a swollen area where the shot went and a sore arm for a couple days.

The more data that comes out, the better it looks for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines efficacy wise.

"The coronavirus vaccines made by Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech are proving highly effective at preventing symptomatic and asymptomatic infections under real-world conditions, federal health researchers reported on Monday.

Consistent with clinical trial data, a two-dose regimen prevented 90 percent of infections by two weeks after the second shot. One dose prevented 80 percent of infections by two weeks after vaccination."

"Scientists have debated whether vaccinated people may still get asymptomatic infections and transmit the virus to others. The new study, by researchers at the C.D.C., suggested that since infections were so rare, transmission is likely rare, too."

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03...ines-infection

Old 04-02-2021, 07:10 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post

Had Moderna shot today and it was the same experience so I think you’re fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area