Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2007, 08:08 AM

3 posts, read 16,670 times

Advertisements

Hi-Can anyone comment on the Goose Creek area? We haven't been down to SC yet, but have heard so many wonderful things about it and the people who live there. We have been considering areas around the Charleston area. We have 2 children 10 and 8and we currently live on Long Island in New YOrk. We are looking to find a home within minutes of "downtown" shopping and the like, but want to be in a quiet neighborhood/quiet street with lots of space... I have seen some homes online in the GOose Creek area and was wondering if anyone could comment on that area. THanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 05:22 PM

31 posts, read 120,064 times
My new husband moved me to the new neighborhood, Liberty Hall Plantation in Goose Creek 17 months ago. Our neighborhood is family oriented, quiet, amazingly well maintained. I'm a sub in the local schools, and really like the programs here in both the public and private sectors.

Things to like about GC: Excellent community center, walking paths through much of the community, limited through traffic in most plantations (subdivisions), well planned growth, easy to get to medical and shopping, lots of higher education, more history than you can shake a stick at, lovely beaches as close as the downtown, 3 malls well spaced across the area, and local pride.

I hope you will come look at our neighborhood. We really like it here! Joe and Elaine

Old 02-15-2007, 05:57 AM

14 posts, read 53,974 times
Default Thanks!

Thank you so much--I definitely want to see the area. Sounds like a very nice place to live. ...hoping to get down there by summertime at least. My husband is in health care and is searching for opportunities in the Charleston area.
Have a wonderful day!

K.M.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 7,241 times
Default Goose Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrek View Post
Thank you so much--I definitely want to see the area. Sounds like a very nice place to live. ...hoping to get down there by summertime at least. My husband is in health care and is searching for opportunities in the Charleston area.
Have a wonderful day!

K.M.
My husband and I are seriously looking at Goose Creek. We are currently in New York. We love South Carolina and Goose is so far our top pick with Summerville coming in a close second. We like the fact that is is big enough that you have plenty there as far as shopping, etc. The home prices look great and it sits halfway between Charleston and Moultrie Lake. So we can enjoy boating and fishing on fresh water and also we will be close to the ocean. What more could you ask for. I am also in health care and will most likely look in Charleston for work. One negative for us is that there is no smoking ordinance in Goose Creek. We went to a restaurant and it was full of smoke. We probably wont move for at least a year and a half so maybe that will change.
Good luck with your transfer.
L

Old 04-03-2011, 02:39 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Lismann, this thread is nearly 4 years old....

Old 08-15-2011, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 6,667 times
Is Goose creek a small town. That is what we are looking for for our family. We want to open a cafe. live a quiet life.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Not really small anymore, they have grown and continue to grow.....

Need to move out to Moncks Corner to get small town...

Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM

26 posts, read 66,117 times
I started selling real estate in Goose Creek in 1983 when it really was a small town and it has grown tremendously over the years, may want to consider some areas closer to Charleston and to the beaches as well as when you move here you will notice that the traffic and growth makes it where most people that live in Summerville / Goose Creek never make it to the beach. So, think about Johns Island which is still very rural small town feel, yet minutes to downtown and to the beach. Or places out 17 South too.

When you first arrive I would take a couple of days just riding around and getting lost, get a feel for what fits your personality as every area is very distinct. I can normally sit down with a couple in my office and within minutes get a good feel for which area is the best suit for them as this is what I have done full time for the past 28 years and I grew up here too. (one of only a handful of natives)

Good luck and employ the services of a good Realtor upfront, it doesn't costs you anything and their valuable input can help to make sure that you make the right decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area