Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 09:21 AM

846 posts, read 1,798,332 times

Advertisements

Here is a video I found from a foreign exchange student filming Wando High in 1991-92. Includes lots of classroom video, an outdoor homecoming pep rally, football games, prom and graduation.

http://youtu.be/00J7nWmCOwQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 12:38 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,654,079 times
Remember when St. Philip Street downtown was one way headed south and was brick?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:14 AM

101 posts, read 110,306 times
I wasn't able to get through all the posts so hopefully this isn't a duplicate

Remember? Grants
Millers
Pinehaven Shopping Center
Shoneys on Rivers, where after football games you had to do drive through to be cool, to see and to be seen

Also, I remember a boat harbored that served dinner. My date took me there to eat on prom night. Can't remember the name of it. Anyone remember?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:41 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsausername View Post
I wasn't able to get through all the posts so hopefully this isn't a duplicate

Remember? Grants
Millers
Pinehaven Shopping Center
Shoneys on Rivers, where after football games you had to do drive through to be cool, to see and to be seen

Also, I remember a boat harbored that served dinner. My date took me there to eat on prom night. Can't remember the name of it. Anyone remember?

Scarlett O'Hara at the end of Charlotte St?

Floating restaurant Scarlett O’Hara went to a watery grave in Charleston harbor - Post and Courier

Old 04-29-2016, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,120 times
OH THE 1970S...HAIR'S MARKET ON RIVERS...SHONEY'S - VILLAGE PIZZA - PIZZA HUT - HANGING OUT - ROBERT'S AT GASLITE SQUARE. mOVIES = ULTRAVISION - PINEHAVEN - SNEAKING INTO THE DRIVE-INS ON RIVERS - THE BIG SLIDE ON RIVERS WHERE I-526 CROSSES OVER - THE DANCE CLUBS - TERRY TUNES - GARDEN-N-GUN - CHARLIE'S - MOMMA'S MONEY - XANADU WHEN DOWNTOWN ACROSS FROM CALIF. DREAMIN - STONEHENGE -DERRIRE'S THEN STREAMERS - THE SCENE BECAME THE FLYING DUTCHMAN - THERE USE TO BE A SEAFOOD PLACE WHERE THE MARKET STANDS NOW (NAME??) - GOING TO MYRTLE BEACH - AFTERDECK - THERE WAS A DANCE CLUB IN NORTH MYRTLE WITH A LIGHTED ALMOST STAINLESS STEEL FLOOR - NAME??? MANY MANY MEMORIES....

Old 04-29-2016, 01:50 PM

101 posts, read 110,306 times
Quote:
Scarlett O'Hara at the end of Charlotte S
YES! That was it and I had forgotten that it sunk. Thanks so much for the reminder.

Ah yes, Terry Tunes, disco dancing. LOL! Kangaroo Club off Dorchester was my favorite.

Poor kids today, nowhere to go. The 70s were the BEST!!!

Old 05-05-2016, 03:02 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,654,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Yeh, the Scarlet was really a barge. Pretty ugly. To bad there aren't more ships that are used for that now, but you know who will be raising heck about that.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:21 AM

6 posts, read 11,437 times
Wow. I had a flashback of the pencil guy on King Street and did a search on the Internet and came across this! Going to read all the posts, but so excited to see people sharing memories of Charleston.

My mother was the secretary of First Christian Church on Calhoun St. Almost every morning I walked two doors down to the Goodie House for orange juice and doughnuts!

How I miss the old Charleston - the Charleston of my childhood.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:23 AM

6 posts, read 11,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Yeh, the Scarlet was really a barge. Pretty ugly. To bad there aren't more ships that are used for that now, but you know who will be raising heck about that.
My sister had her wedding party on the Scarlett. Forgot about that barge!

Old 05-19-2016, 09:32 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassie57 View Post
Wow. I had a flashback of the pencil guy on King Street and did a search on the Internet and came across this! Going to read all the posts, but so excited to see people sharing memories of Charleston.

My mother was the secretary of First Christian Church on Calhoun St. Almost every morning I walked two doors down to the Goodie House for orange juice and doughnuts!

How I miss the old Charleston - the Charleston of my childhood.

The pencil guy used to sit outside the entrance of Woolworths on King St. when I was a kid.

I understand the pencil guy did quiet well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area