Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 05:53 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
A Hunting good store is a tourist attraction these days?
Have you ever been to one?

Cabelas Store - Glendale, Arizona - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Nope, and I still dont see the attraction.

If taxidermy makes a store a tourist attraction you need to check out Bugaboo steakhouse. There is one by my apartment and apparently it can make a great tourist attraction.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Nope, and I still dont see the attraction.

If taxidermy makes a store a tourist attraction you need to check out Bugaboo steakhouse. There is one by my apartment and apparently it can make a great tourist attraction.
Well I guess everybody can't be as hard to impress as you. I think you missed the size of the store, the large mountain in the middle, the aquarium, the restaurant, and the airplane hanging from the roof. Its a heck of alot more than a store.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:10 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Well I guess everybody can't be as hard to impress as you. I think you missed the size of the store, the large mountain in the middle, the aquarium, the restaurant, and the airplane hanging from the roof. Its a heck of alot more than a store.
Ill definitely check one out next time I am around one. I have seen them before, and I am sure I would like the store. I like rifles, fishing stuff, boating stuff, sporting equipment, etc. I bet I would like the store. I have seen them before, but never went to one.

However, until I go myself I find it funny how much you and CT like them. Not in a bad way.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Ill definitely check one out next time I am around one. I have seen them before, and I am sure I would like the store. I like rifles, fishing stuff, boating stuff, sporting equipment, etc. I bet I would like the store. I have seen them before, but never went to one.

However, until I go myself I find it funny how much you and CT like them. Not in a bad way.
You would like it, and yeah me and CT do have some what of a love affair for the place. I'm not even an active hunter/fisher, but still go nuts for the place.

Just Glad they decided to build one here in Charleston, and will only enhance the amount of visitors to the city.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 AM

389 posts, read 796,902 times
So it's like a Bass Pro Shop then?

Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,881,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs72 View Post
So it's like a Bass Pro Shop then?
Very much so. The one in Wheeling has created massive economic development of the surrounding area close to it.

I don't see the one in Charleston doing that because it located in the busiest area of the Kanawha Valley before it opened. I don't think Southridge area can stand too much more traffic.

Cabella's will be a good addition and it will be more crowded on that side of 119 for sure.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
. I don't think Southridge area can stand too much more traffic.

Ain't that the truth. I think they are planning on putting a stoplight at the intercection where Bible Center is located. That way people going to Cabela's will have an option as of which intersection to use. I can see several more restaurants and stores building in the lots near it aswell.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,881,181 times
How about a Marriott Spring Hill Suites? Seems the Hampton and HI Exp are doing well? How many more restaurants can that area support? Who will have to close if more come in?

They need another exit from ice rink and soccer fields end in a really bad way.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
How about a Marriott Spring Hill Suites? Seems the Hampton and HI Exp are doing well? How many more restaurants can that area support? Who will have to close if more come in?

They need another exit from ice rink and soccer fields end in a really bad way.
They have planned on building a road from the ice rink to Jefferson Road. That will be a huge help because of the people that use Jefferson Rd to get to Southridge from S. Charleston.

I could see another hotel, Hilton Garden or Spring Hill Suites wouldn't suprise me. I'd really like to see them build a relatively small lifestyle center beside Cabela's that would bring in some chains and brands not anywhere else in WV. They also should upgrade the look of Home Depot.

If they put in that traffic light, I could see a Sheetz and a Dunkin Donuts at that intersection.

Just some thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston