Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 AM

7 posts, read 45,732 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My wife may be starting a new job in Huntersville, NC, in August. If she decides to take the position, I may then go to school in Monroe, NC. So we would need a place that is somewhere in between Huntersville and Monroe.

I have been checking the Carolinahome.com site for rental properties, but there are so many listings! Are there particular areas/developments that are better than others in terms of safety, nice areas to walk around, close to grocery stores, etc.?

Any direction you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKev25 View Post
Hello,

My wife may be starting a new job in Huntersville, NC, in August. If she decides to take the position, I may then go to school in Monroe, NC. So we would need a place that is somewhere in between Huntersville and Monroe.

I have been checking the Carolinahome.com site for rental properties, but there are so many listings! Are there particular areas/developments that are better than others in terms of safety, nice areas to walk around, close to grocery stores, etc.?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin the area between Huntersville and Monroe is HUGE - too many places to start listing them here I'm afraid.

In addition, the rental market is hot right now and so it can be challenging to find a place sometimes.

I'd suggest you either live kind of in the middle of the two locations in Mint Hill (but you'd both have a commute). OR, you live in Huntersville for your wife's job and you have the long commute.

Both Huntersville and Mint Hill are great little towns, very desirable.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,042,105 times
Yeah, that's going to be a painful... could you go to school anywhere other then Monroe?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,997,588 times
Why Monroe?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM

17 posts, read 31,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKev25 View Post
Hello,

Thanks,
Kevin
What type of place are you looking for? Do you have children? Pets? Are you looking for a single family home, condo, townhouse? How big do you need the palce to be? What can you afford?

Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 PM

7 posts, read 45,732 times
Default Follow-up

Thank you all for the questions and advice. I am looking at going to a medical sonography program in Monroe. That is the only one in the area. I may also look at the radiography programs in Charlotte.

We don't have any kids, but do have a cat. We would like at least 2 bedrooms (ideally 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) and a garage (1 or 2 car). So I will look at both Huntersville and Mint Hill for now. Any other suggestions would be great as well.

Thanks again!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,583,498 times
You might check these schools out, as well, since you are thinking about imaging degrees:

CCHS :: Programs (http://www.cabarruscollege.edu/programs/CT_program.html - broken link)

Radiologic Technology - Academic Programs - Carolinas College of Health Sciences

I believe Forsyth Tech also offers a sonography degree.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 PM

445 posts, read 1,168,176 times
You might try Harrisburg, southern Cabarrus county or eastern mecklenburg county near 485. (Mint Hill - or there are some decent neighborhoods just outside of Mint Hill.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 AM

224 posts, read 458,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinajean View Post
You might try Harrisburg, southern Cabarrus county or eastern mecklenburg county near 485. (Mint Hill - or there are some decent neighborhoods just outside of Mint Hill.
If you look toward the north and northwestpermiter of the University area, you could be on 485 fairly quickly to get to Monroe and your wife would have an easy short commute to Huntersville.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,223,987 times
If you are talking about the hospital in Monroe and the city of Huntersville, keep in mind you are talking about at least a frustrating hour's drive between the two places. It doesn't look it on a map, but it's an extremely difficult trip to make due to the traffic and extremely poor planning in Union county and limited travel options to Lake Norman. It should get better once I-485 has been completed, but this is years away.

I would recommend that you decide this based on who will have to drive during commuting hours and live close to that location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte