Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM

31 posts, read 79,317 times

Advertisements

I get what you are saying, thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
To answer your other question about what area south Charlotte is...if you look at a map of the city and find the 277 loop surrounding uptown look to see where Park Rd and Randolph Rd are. That section of town between those two roads running all the way down toward hwy 51 - and beyond to the I485 is very roughly south Charlotte.

From the I277 loop uptown running due south along South Blvd, this area is known as "Southend" - a trendy up and coming area with many new condo's, shopping and the light rail line. The Southend area ends at approximately Tyvola Rd. Everything from Tyvola heading down South Blvd to I485 is becoming known as a highly concentrated area of latino's - some realtors try to market this area as "south Charlotte", but this area does not represent what the term south Charlotte implies. At approximately 485 and South Blvd you are at the city limits for the town of Pineville.

Hope this isn't too confusing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 03:05 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, that is horrible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
A co-worker of mine was robbed in the neighborhood near Clanton and 77 last week. She willingly gave up her purse and was still pistol-whipped in the head and eye and shot in the back. She just got out of the hospital but they thought the bullet would cause less complications if left in so they did not remove it.

I believe this also not too far were two CMPD officers were shot and killed earlier this year too.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 PM

That is a great idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
I would love for a Non-Realtor to take a map, color code it and scan back in and show the areas to avoid! Then we "Sticky" the post!

Any takers!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Thanks, will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
you can plot the address on the police departments website and get crime data

Old 06-22-2007, 03:11 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchristian View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your friend, that is horrible!!
Since she will be out of work and is incurring medical expenses, you can make a donation if you would like at any BofA:

Many associates have expressed concern about Crystal and want to know how they might be able to help her during this difficult time. Obviously the most important thing for her to do right now is concentrate on her physical and mental health following such a traumatic event. However, this can be hard when bills and expenses begin to pile up. With this in mind, a charitable account has been set up with Bank of America into which anyone can deposit money for the sole purpose of helping pay towards Crystal’s debts.

The process is simple. Deposits can be made at any Bank of America branch by giving the teller the account name, “Crystal’s Medical Contribution Account”. (It was advised not to give out the account number for security purposes.)

Old 06-22-2007, 03:19 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Crime in Charlotte, NC has a blog of the more serious offenses.
hmm..just looked...i notice a trend in there.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:24 PM

536 posts, read 1,693,888 times
Default Wow, Great Post!

Yes, I see the trend. Alot of balding men!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte