Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
I'm not a Walmart fan, either, but I am a vendor in that store. Last week when we went in to set up, I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes. I was very happy to see the droves of people walking in with blue shirts and kkaki pants. I don't know how many people they hired, but they were pouring in for at least fifteen minutes.

350 or so, IIRC from the newscast I saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,680,497 times
Just putting it out there, but given where that particular store is, I don't think it's going to go downhill. I imagine it's going to maintain its integrity. I think the Wal Mart in Lake Wylie will have the same effect when it opens. The big time shopping today probably is a combination of the grand opening and the fact that everyone is either preparing for the first day of school or buying things they may have overlooked/wanted to wait until later to purchase.

Both Wal-Mart stores in Gastonia were just remodeled. One was just a few years old and was already getting banged up. The one at Franklin Square is okay. Never been to the Belmont store. I wish people would take better care of facilities.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 AM

604 posts, read 1,307,845 times
Chiamerica!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,704,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulaap View Post
I don't like Walmart either but at least this one is nicer than most and won't be full of WT and thugs as much.
Its the Walcreatures you need to be wary of.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:16 AM

31 posts, read 66,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstcurious View Post
I passed by there today and noticed the parking lot was full! For the life of me I cannot understand why people are so crazy about WALMART???
It's as if no one has every shopped ar another store b4.
I guess we will continue to be a slave to China and buy chinese merchandise...... When will people realize by buying something cheap it winds up costing double when they have to replace it!
T H I N K......
I've cut my grocery bill by almost 20% since I started shopping at Walmart a few years ago. that's a meaningful impact to those on a budget. That's why people are crazy about Walmart

Old 08-19-2010, 08:02 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
I like the fact that it may give Harris Teeter a kick in the pants.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:25 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,317,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Its the Walcreatures you need to be wary of.
+1

Walcreatures

Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 AM

716 posts, read 2,159,086 times
It was really smart of them to open right before the kids go back to school. I think it's great because I can't stand the Arboretum shopping center.

(And we're not hard on our stuff, which means we CAN buy cheap things and have them last forever.)

Old 08-19-2010, 10:07 AM

714 posts, read 2,307,166 times
I'm not a big fan of WalMart, but I must grudgingly admit to the convenience of having one so nearby.

It is very clean, and I hope it stays that way. And I AM a big fan of the 350+ jobs the store created in this area.

I stopped in yesterday, and while it seems big, it also seemed to not have - a lot - which I know sounds weird. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, so that's not it. I think that being opening day, the aisles just aren't crowded with junk yet. I'm used to WalMarts being crowded with merchandise. This one almost seemed spartan. I guess that's what happens when it's all perfectly arranged and in the right place on that first day.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 AM

219 posts, read 595,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstcurious View Post
I passed by there today and noticed the parking lot was full! For the life of me I cannot understand why people are so crazy about WALMART???
It's as if no one has every shopped ar another store b4.
I guess we will continue to be a slave to China and buy chinese merchandise...... When will people realize by buying something cheap it winds up costing double when they have to replace it!
T H I N K......
OK.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte