Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
I guess it depends how you feel about cheaply made homes if you will decide to go with KB. Here are the problems: KB is the only side in Berewick that does not require fully sodded yards, thus making some of the houses and lots look very dumpy with overgrown weeds and dirt everywhere. McCar across the development has fully sodded yards, great landscaping and looks like $300K homes. KB's cookie cutter designs are wearing thin on the lower model homes, lack of attention to detail, problems, problems, problems, and it is very hard to actually get service on your house when you need warranty repairs. Also, do you have school aged children? That too would be a problem as our current school is Berryhill Elem. and I wouldn't send my children there. It is in a poor area and facilitates mainly lower income families. I have a great ob/gyn, he is in Fort Mill, SC which is a 20 min. drive from Berewick. I chose to go to Fort Mill for all of our health care. The birthing hospitals are Rock HIll or Piedmont. I have heard a lot of issues with some of the Charlotte hospitals so you may want to look into Fort Mill. Hopes this helps and good luck.

How ironic....(while yes, many of us Love living in the Fort Mill, SC area...and are tickled pink with our schools)...the one think we are not wild about is the Piedmont Medical Center Hospital in Rock Hill (folks cross over that NC stateline for hospital care all the time..just so they don't have to go to Piedmont)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM

474 posts, read 1,416,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And Presby-Main's labor and delivery unit is state of the art - VERY NICE, very well regarded - I have no clue what nkjaws is referring to.
If I were going to have a baby, the LAST place I would go is Presbyterian main!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:03 PM

672 posts, read 1,830,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And Presby-Main's labor and delivery unit is state of the art - VERY NICE, very well regarded - I have no clue what nkjaws is referring to.
Actually I was referring to a case a few years back that made it to dateline about a women who had twins at a Charlotte hospital and both came down with a rare infection while in the picu. Sadly, both of the twins later died from the infection and the mother sued the hospital b/c they had failed to inform her or anyone that this virus was spread by another patient that was not isolated away from other patients. I actually asked my ob/gyn about this when we moved here and he said there was something different about the way NC vs SC has to document illnesses. He said for that reason he recommended SC hospitals. Also, my friend gave birth last year in Uptown and while she said the hospital looked really nice 24 hours after they brought the baby home they all became very very ill from a virus they had caught in the hospital. The baby almost died and had to be taken to a different hospital (this time they went to a SC hospital) but after a few weeks made a full recovery. Not wanting to send alarms going off in every direction right now, just pick a doctor that you feel comfortable with and a hospital that you will feel comfortable at too. Ask a lot of questions, any doctor that doesn't have time to answer them or is annoyed, doesn't have time to deliver your baby. So don't be afraid to speak your mind.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
How ironic....(while yes, many of us Love living in the Fort Mill, SC area...and are tickled pink with our schools)...the one think we are not wild about is the Piedmont Medical Center Hospital in Rock Hill (folks cross over that NC stateline for hospital care all the time..just so they don't have to go to Piedmont)
The only hospital I have ever been to was the Rock Hill one and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I can't speak from experience as I have never been to the Charlotte hospitals. What is wrong with the SC hospitals?? Also, is the Fort Mill hospital still happening?? Is it to open in 2009??

Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMAINE2 View Post
If I were going to have a baby, the LAST place I would go is Presbyterian main!!!!!!!
Please elaborate.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
You know, I was trying not to go there

Pretty much anyone in the medical field here knows Piedmont is the weak link in the chain.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
The only hospital I have ever been to was the Rock Hill one and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I can't speak from experience as I have never been to the Charlotte hospitals. What is wrong with the SC hospitals?? Also, is the Fort Mill hospital still happening?? Is it to open in 2009??
....who knows if, or when the Fort Mill hospital will ever be built?...if it remains Piedmont...not to many folks here are in a hurry for it anyway.

Here is an article you may want to read: Fort Mill Times — New group opposes PMC's bid (broken link)

Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
....who knows if, or when the Fort Mill hospital will ever be built?...if it remains Piedmont...not to many folks here are in a hurry for it anyway.

Here is an article you may want to read: Fort Mill Times — New group opposes PMC's bid (broken link)
Yikes, I was hoping we would get the fort mill hospital as there isn't a real close hospital around Steele Creek. What is wrong with Piedmont?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Yikes, I was hoping we would get the fort mill hospital as there isn't a real close hospital around Steele Creek. What is wrong with Piedmont?

Bad rep., and have been accused of overcharging.

If you are still looking for more information...may I suggest you pose this question on the SC side under the York County/Lancaster County subforum (or do a search on Google under PMC/Tenet, etc.)

To the OP...I apologize for hijacking your thread and will refrain from further information in regard to Piedmont.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
My wife gave birth this past December at CMC-University and they were terrific!! The nurses in the LDRP were absolutely amazing and the rooms were very comfortable. I highly recommend it.

I also recommend Carolina's Women's Center as well. Their female doctors were awesome!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte