Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:21 PM

299 posts, read 590,227 times

Advertisements

Seriously, Peyton, I'm with you. Are you people really arguing about what constitutes a celebrity??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 04:59 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
A former football player who was decent is NOT a star nor a celebrity, nor should people generally care what they do with their lives. It would be akin to thinking someone is a celebrity because they are an anchor on a local morning show. Just because someone is in the public eye for a period of time does not mean they are automatically labelled a "star," it just means that people actually watch them do their job.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:59 PM

644 posts, read 1,430,821 times
I'm sorry....I know you guys hateme but I got to chime in on this.......the fact the charlotte observer even had an article about them makes me ponder their accredication within media....star power seriously?? (Sigh)....just for kicks and giggles I asked about 50 different people (I work as a bartender part time) and NO ONE know who either or was.....so they aren't bringing much of anything to Charlotte....nothing against them I am sure they are beautiful people...but celebrities that createbuzz within the industry.....uuuuhhh nooo...so if Charlotte thinks they are celebs I must be one also because I had my own radio shows in Atlanta and Macon Ga.....who wants my autograph...lol...

Btw being in the nfl doesn't qualify you for celeb status....anyone know Josh Gattis?? I went to hs school with him and he played for the Jaguars....he must be a celeb too then??

Old 10-27-2010, 05:00 PM

I'm sorry....I know you guys hateme but I got to chime in on this.......the fact the charlotte observer even had an article about them makes me ponder their accredication within media....star power seriously?? (Sigh)....just for kicks and giggles I asked about 50 different people (I work as a bartender part time) and NO ONE know who either or was.....so they aren't bringing much of anything to Charlotte....nothing against them I am sure they are beautiful people...but celebrities that createbuzz within the industry.....uuuuhhh nooo...so if Charlotte thinks they are celebs I must be one also because I had my own radio shows in Atlanta and Macon Ga.....who wants my autograph...lol...

Btw being in the nfl doesn't qualify you for celeb status....anyone know Josh Gattis?? I went to hs school with him and he played for the Jaguars....he must be a celeb too then??

Old 10-27-2010, 05:01 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post

Ajjam, I'm a huge fan of your radio days, can I get your autograph! *swoon*

Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 PM

Lol

Old 10-27-2010, 05:17 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post

If you did some reading as to why they came to Charlotte you would see that they aren't looking to "bring anything" or "create a buzz". I think this thread has discussed them more than the media has.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 PM

^^ I was referring to the charlotte observer article indicating they are bringing star power to Charlotte...and my take was they aren't bring anything to charlotte....a pun on the title of the article...and I did read the article

Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM

156 posts, read 511,418 times
Jason Sehorn and Angie Harmon live in Charlotte now? Cool!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 AM

649 posts, read 1,423,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie5 View Post
Jason Sehorn and Angie Harmon live in Charlotte now? Cool!
How is Jason Sehorn any different than any of the current Panther players that live in town?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: