Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 07:43 PM

68 posts, read 153,018 times

Advertisements

Thinking about buying a great loft at 626 North Graham...
It's exactly what I'm looking for at a very nice price,but
am concerned about the crime/crime rate in the area...
Should this be a show stopper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 09:22 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,018 times
That is a good area. Albeit , you will end up being steered to S.Charlotte shortly.
After all , everywhere in town is bad , but the southside is the place to be. Just watch.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,950,025 times
Do a crime map on the area & see what you think. It doesn't seem to be any better or worse than any other area. It would be a great commute if you work downtown too. Actually etacarinae I prefer Southeast Charlotte but there are great places to live throughout the city.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:46 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Do a crime map on the area & see what you think. It doesn't seem to be any better or worse than any other area. It would be a great commute if you work downtown too. Actually etacarinae I prefer Southeast Charlotte but there are great places to live throughout the city.
Actually , I was joking. I've lived all over town , and have been at ease everywhere , with exception to places I don't venture into because I am at a point in my life where I have no time for BS , or those stuck on that highschool street nonsense. Given a new hobby , my preferred areas are either east , northeast , southwest , as long as I'm left to my own devices , everything should be fine. Preferably within 1 to 50 mile radius of a decent body of water so I can relax and see what transpires.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:46 PM

thanks for the info...I do recall reading that people were having
issues walking home from work at night to the Fourth ward area
apparently due to it's proximity to not so safe areas?

Old 12-28-2010, 03:03 PM

214 posts, read 399,219 times
Walking anywhere at night is a little risky so I wouldn't base my decision on that, rac1. It's a nice enough area. Go north on Graham Street and it gets a little rougher, but other than that you're aight!!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:13 PM

fair enough...we'll see what happens, I really like the unit...thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,085 times
Best of luck to you rac1 - I'm thinking of buying in the same area. One of my concerns is what happens if you buy a unit in a building that is say 40% unoccupied? Does that make it a bad investment because the property building is not near occupancy? I really like that area and I have always wanted to live downtown/uptown with a view of the Charlotte skyline but I don't want to make a bad financial move - any thoughts anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte