U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
 
797 posts, read 2,979,475 times
Reputation: 211

Advertisements

If I go to another Sports connection, Monkey Joe's, My Gym etc party I will scream...lol
My son will be the last in his class to turn 5 (in June) so we have got to have
something different. We have already been to 6 parties this year and they are all at the same places.

Here is the criteria:
Party for boys and girls (15-18kids)
Must be inside (not at house)
Must be convenient to Ballantyne (that's where all the kids live).
Must be place that does it all (i'm a single mom who works full time and has no time to be out shopping for stuff)

Anyone have any venue suggestions for something different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
1,764 posts, read 2,738,316 times
Reputation: 1160
Inner Peaks on Monroe Road near Matthews has private climbing parties for kids 5-11.
Birthdays Inner Peaks Climbing Center, Charlotte NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 AM
 
441 posts, read 1,067,390 times
Reputation: 280
Well what first came to mind was a simple party at home with sprinklers and water ballons. Kids don't get to just PLAY anymore. But, that does not meet your criteria so.....

How about a movie time at Stonecrest? THere is, I believe a party room in the back and you can pay for them to provide everything but the cake at most places. At 5, kids are just starting to get movie experience. In the summer, the big blockbuster G movies are coming out. Let everone know what movie you will be seeing so that folks don't take their kids, then take them all to see it. Have 2 other adults with you (or higher two teens) to sit around the kids and help with bathroom breaks. Some parents will ocme into the theater with you all, others will drop and go, others will stay at the theater and be glad to have time to see and adult movie while their kids are occupied!

HTH---
Taben
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Mooresville, NC
1,865 posts, read 4,783,842 times
Reputation: 697
I know you said it must be inside, but does he like baseball? The Charlotte Knights offers a birthday party package you might want to check out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM
 
777 posts, read 2,272,478 times
Reputation: 489
Ben and Jerrys! You go in 60-90 minutes before store opens and kids have free run. Kids get a tour, make thier own ice cream, tye dye shirts, play a couple games, have cake & ice cream. All you just show up and pay! We did this for our 4 year daughter last year and all the kids had a great time. They even did a huge chalk drawing in the parking lot wishing her happy b-day. They provide 100% of everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
 
797 posts, read 2,979,475 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
Ben and Jerrys! You go in 60-90 minutes before store opens and kids have free run. Kids get a tour, make thier own ice cream, tye dye shirts, play a couple games, have cake & ice cream. All you just show up and pay! We did this for our 4 year daughter last year and all the kids had a great time. They even did a huge chalk drawing in the parking lot wishing her happy b-day. They provide 100% of everything.
I looked into that and it's like $250 for just 10 kids. I'd have to pay almost $400 which I'm not going to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 11:40 AM
 
797 posts, read 2,979,475 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
Well what first came to mind was a simple party at home with sprinklers and water ballons. Kids don't get to just PLAY anymore. But, that does not meet your criteria so.....

How about a movie time at Stonecrest? THere is, I believe a party room in the back and you can pay for them to provide everything but the cake at most places. At 5, kids are just starting to get movie experience. In the summer, the big blockbuster G movies are coming out. Let everone know what movie you will be seeing so that folks don't take their kids, then take them all to see it. Have 2 other adults with you (or higher two teens) to sit around the kids and help with bathroom breaks. Some parents will ocme into the theater with you all, others will drop and go, others will stay at the theater and be glad to have time to see and adult movie while their kids are occupied!

HTH---
Taben
Thanks for the idea but he isn't into movies. He'd rather have an active birthday party. Parties at home are not any cheaper. Done them both and spend the same and the headache was twice as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Huntersville, NC
18 posts, read 27,996 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
Ben and Jerrys! You go in 60-90 minutes before store opens and kids have free run. Kids get a tour, make thier own ice cream, tye dye shirts, play a couple games, have cake & ice cream. All you just show up and pay! We did this for our 4 year daughter last year and all the kids had a great time. They even did a huge chalk drawing in the parking lot wishing her happy b-day. They provide 100% of everything.

Genius! That is SO going to be my son's next bday party!! And it's a good excuse to keep the party small I'm not the OP, but thanks are in ordee anyway!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
2,352 posts, read 4,025,679 times
Reputation: 3035
Where does your son want to go? I understand you've had your fill of those kinds of places, but I bet the kids haven't!

Not in Ballantyne (sorry, they're good resources!) are Discovery Place & The Nature Museum, they both have good programs for parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
 
797 posts, read 2,979,475 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Where does your son want to go? I understand you've had your fill of those kinds of places, but I bet the kids haven't!

Not in Ballantyne (sorry, they're good resources!) are Discovery Place & The Nature Museum, they both have good programs for parties.
Yes, the kids are all in his preschool class so they all go to the same parties.
We have already done a Nature Museum party and it was just too far of a drive for most parents so we need to stick with something close to S. Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top