Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,113 times

Advertisements

$650 can get you a one bedroom in a decent neighborhood. When I was doing apartment living I always budgeted at least $750, but with all the great specials out there, you can find something for less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 PM

56 posts, read 221,250 times
zip codes of the nicest area in Charlotte 28277 the best, 28269, 28262, 28278 Stelle Creek area up and coming, 28213 University. Also Indian Trial, Matthews and Huntersville is nice. Waxhaw to if you got a lot of dough. Me myself settled in the Fort Mill area just outside of Charlotte but you need a little dough ha ha. Just kidding 250k-350k cydena, brii nice talking to you and love the mountains you always provide good and positive info.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrust7 View Post
Loves Mountains
I'm sorry that you are having to repeat something that has been explained here before, but as a newcomer I would like to thank you for taking the time to explain. It really helps to know that many communities are mixed. Sounds the city in general is all that I hoped it would be.

So am I correct in assuming that an apartment for $650.00 or more will put me a nice neighborhood?
For a one bedroom, yes, that amount will give you lots of options

Welcome to Charlotte! I know it is a really new concept for some people, but the vast majority of us here could care less what color our neighors are - we just want you to be a good neighbor!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:45 PM

56 posts, read 221,250 times
cydena so how is Rosedale,Queens. I lived their for a minute

Old 08-01-2007, 04:49 PM

24 posts, read 77,905 times
Dave O, beleive me I would stay but only if I could afford it

Old 08-01-2007, 05:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydena View Post
that last paragraph lovesmountains, well said, hopefully what's going on in Charlotte can spread throughout the rest of the south, because in my home town in NC and in neighboring towns' neighborhoods are still divided by race
You know, I really think this new mindset will eventually spread to more and more places - But in my opinion, it exists here now in Charlotte for several reasons.

1. So many people here (much more than the national average) are truly faith-filled - whether their faith is expressed in a church, synagogue, temple or under the stars in the woods. This faith teaches us respect for the fact that we are all created equal.

2. Many people have come here from somewhere else and are more motivated to make their new city a good place to live, so they become good neighbors themselves.

3. And as hard as this is to believe, if you take away the real racists of times past and present, underneath that many southern blacks and whites have always been on good terms, even treating each other like family for their whole lives.

My daddy was born and raised in New Orleans - you don't get anymore deep south than that. The day I used the "N" word for the first time ever, and worse yet, in front of a black family friend!, was the day I was spanked for the first time in my life.

But I digress! All of this is to really say, Charlotte is a place where people of all races and many different countries live - you could do a lot worse in chosing a new home city.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:15 PM

harding123,
I live in Springfield gardens, my neighborhood is nice, and I dont hear any complaints about Rosedale

Old 08-01-2007, 05:15 PM

177 posts, read 654,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harding123 View Post
zip codes of the nicest area in Charlotte 28277 the best, 28269, 28262, 28278 Stelle Creek area up and coming, 28213 University. Also Indian Trial, Matthews and Huntersville is nice. Waxhaw to if you got a lot of dough. Me myself settled in the Fort Mill area just outside of Charlotte but you need a little dough ha ha. Just kidding 250k-350k cydena, brii nice talking to you and love the mountains you always provide good and positive info.
That's good info b/c we are planning to relocate that way sometime next year (Developers rule VA and their products are crappy) Plus we can come down that way debt free!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:21 PM

lovesmountains,
that last thing that you wrote makes me want to move down there even more, its good to see that people are that positive in Charlotte............But you fail to mention one thing that I am looking for, that I did not mention before and is very important to me............Please tell me they have a strong, good southern hospitality??; that the southern traditions on life are not forgotten, that's one part that I love about the south, you never forget where you came from

Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 PM

120 posts, read 370,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know, I really think this new mindset will eventually spread to more and more places - But in my opinion, it exists here now in Charlotte for several reasons.

1. So many people here (much more than the national average) are truly faith-filled - whether their faith is expressed in a church, synagogue, temple or under the stars in the woods. This faith teaches us respect for the fact that we are all created equal.

2. Many people have come here from somewhere else and are more motivated to make their new city a good place to live, so they become good neighbors themselves.

3. And as hard as this is to believe, if you take away the real racists of times past and present, underneath that many southern blacks and whites have always been on good terms, even treating each other like family for their whole lives.

My daddy was born and raised in New Orleans - you don't get anymore deep south than that. The day I used the "N" word for the first time ever, and worse yet, in front of a black family friend!, was the day I was spanked for the first time in my life.

But I digress! All of this is to really say, Charlotte is a place where people of all races and many different countries live - you could do a lot worse in chosing a new home city.
LoveMountains -I just really, really, really love you! You ae always so postive and consistently are always providing great and useful information to ALL. I am African-American, and I can say that when I was visiting Raleigh last month, everyone was genuinely very nice. What was even more surprising was the fact that young teenagers would hold the door for me and wait on me and not let it slam in my face and when I said thank you, they would say you're welcomed sir. I spent a lot of time in North Charlotte and it was very mixed and not all segreated like it is here in Chicago. It was a breathe of fresh air and just felt really great. Even a side trip to Wilmington, NC was amazing. Folks were soooooo friendly and helpful and thoughtful! I can't wait to get down to Charlotte for my visit this month and I am sure that Charlotte will embrace me. The reason why I am visiting Charlotte and considering it is because I believe it has a bit more to offer than Raleigh, but Raleigh is a great place as well. Lastly, I just wanted to say WE ARE ALL ONE and we are all stronger when we work together to live our best lives and be happy. Brii and Harding thanks so much for the zipcodes, very helpfu!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte