Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 AM

24 posts, read 60,616 times

Advertisements

No, it can't hurt- I mean afterall "America runs on D&D"
Well, why are the schools better in Union? It seems that they would be more rural? How far is Union to the airport? And good new subdivisions or old ones there? I know so much of this forum is redundant- I am searching too, but find that there's so much info. It's somewhat difficult to navigate or is 'outdated' by Charlotte's standards as it is rapidly changing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:24 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorin View Post
Dont worry we got D&D too... but don't be afraid of Krispy Kreme.
And there are some accents here too...
But if you like BBQ you'll love it down here ... mmmmm mmmmm good.
KK coffee is horrible though.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:25 AM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
Quote:
I mean afterall "America runs on D&D"
America may run on DD but there is NOTHING better than a HOT KK. That is absolute HEAVEN. Melt in your mouth. But it HAS to be fresh HOT from the store...not a reheat hot from the microwave. Liz

Old 08-17-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown007 View Post
No, it can't hurt- I mean afterall "America runs on D&D"
Well, why are the schools better in Union? It seems that they would be more rural? How far is Union to the airport? And good new subdivisions or old ones there? I know so much of this forum is redundant- I am searching too, but find that there's so much info. It's somewhat difficult to navigate or is 'outdated' by Charlotte's standards as it is rapidly changing!
Union is the fastest growing county in NC (or fastest being destroyed if you ask some people). They have numerous infrastructure issues and the commute to Charlotte is horrible during rush hour.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 AM

24 posts, read 60,616 times
Well, is the "South Charlotte" that everyone mentions in Union or Meck? Are the schools good in South Charlotte and is this the same as Ballantayne?? Do the kids in Meyers Park go to private schools?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 AM

South Charlotte and Ballantyne are close, but different. Ballantyne is just the name of an area in Charlotte centered around a shopping area, for lack of a better way to put it. They are both in Charlotte and thus Meck Cty. CMS has issues due to growth, but south Charlotte area schools aren't too bad. There are public schools in Myers Park, but many kids go to private schools since most of it is affluent.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post
You should feel right at home at the Beantown Tavern in Matthews. You'll find all the sox fans there.
I hate that place, lol.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:05 PM

Make sure you check the sanitation scores at Beantown Tavern. They received some pretty bad sanitation scores.

Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department

The 92 at the bottom was also a reinspection (you can go back further).

Oh, and a side note, DD has a Charlotte connection. They purchase the majority of their coffee from Concord based S&D Coffee.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Quote:
How about Gaston Cty---particularly Belmont?
Belmont Central Elem., Belmont Central and South Point HS are considered to be good schools. Belmont is a nice town. I think it may get overlooked because it's not as "sparkly" as other areas.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:14 PM

160 posts, read 774,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
They didn't ALL close. There is just not that many IN Charlotte now.
If you check the store locator at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts you will see at least ONE still in Charlotte. Liz
No, I meant they all closed in the New England area.. atleast in Boston and RI... Dunkins, Starbucks, HoneyDew, and some Tim Hortons are around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte