Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 08:23 AM

15 posts, read 32,986 times

Advertisements

Anybody living in the Point or Harbour at the Point in Mooreville care to comment on few questions? Thanks in advance.

1) We have young children headed for public schools. Just wondering on commute times at peak these days for a dropoff & pickup. We'll probably use the bus if convenient.

The Point -> Woodland Heights / Brawley middle / Lake Norman High.

2) The club in the point is outstanding and offers alot of value. We'd only have Social/Pool/Tennis. My only concern is being on the hook for the monthly fees indefinately. It sounds like once you sign up you better get your name on the resignation list for it to happen in the next decade.

3) The Harbour vs. the Point. We love both of these neighborhoods. It'll probably come down to what home is available when we shop. Is there any definative reason to choose one or the other? I almost feel like I can get a nicer home in the Point than Harbour at the Point for my $. (harbour seems to have slightly more demand).

4) Persona of the Point vs. Harbour... We're pretty down to earth midwesterners. We wouldn't fit in if it's all about show & tell ($). We're just parents that care about our kids environment and want to live somewhere they can exercise independence without us worrying about them being out of sight for a few minutes. (believe me when I say there is good reason to be concerned in our current location). Yes...We do leave a couple toys in the front yard on occasion.

Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 01:28 PM

550 posts, read 1,809,035 times
The membership is the biggest hurdle, I think. I lived there for a year and knew some people who were on the list for two years and only moved up one spot for getting rid of their membership. It definitely locks you in. You are also required to spend a certain amount each month at the club or in other manners... so it's really a financial burden you need to be aware of.

They are widening the road, so hopefully that helps with commute, otherwise it's an absolute bear. For some reason, people don't believe in the school bus in that area and every parent drives their kid to school which makes traffic on school days an absolute nightmare. Hopefully the road widening will help alleviate that mess. I have sat on that road for 45 minutes to get from the Interstate to The Point and vice versa during peak traffic times.

That being said - it's a great, quiet neighborhood that's nice to walk around in and be on the water. I miss some things about living there, but not the traffic or fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte