Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times

Advertisements

I know Harris Village & Linwood Farms in Mooresville get a good crowd at Halloween. They're not too difficult to navigate either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 07:23 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm_teacher View Post
I prefer that our trick-or-treaters are our neighbors, not random groups brought in from other areas. Its not about how much candy you haul in, its more about getting out and connecting with other neighbors.
No...its all about the candy!

Seriously though...sometimes another area can be more fun for kids. Our neighborhood is primarily young professionals, we have very few kids of trick or treating age. I would think they would have much more fun going to a friend's neighborhood where there are a lot more kids out and about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Trick or treat in your own neighborhood. I buy candy for my neighbors, not for strangers.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge07 View Post
I agree with you %100. I don't want 17 year old gang members trick or treating in my neighborhood, walking around with their underwear hanging out. They can keep that crap in their neighborhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I hate losers that truck their rude, often in-bred, kids into my neighborhood.
Wow Touge07 & LLN...you all are so lucky to live in the "correct" neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge07 View Post
One of two things will happen:
1. He will get no candy.
OR
2. I'll the cops, let them know there is suspicious people in my "hood".
I'm guessing its not unusual to see people wearing white sheets in your 'hood on days other than Halloween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung6 View Post
it always changes from year to year depending on what day halloween falls on. if you could offer any help i would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance.
It never changes. Halloween is always October 31. If any kids come by my house tonight (Saturday the 29th) they won't be getting anything.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,435 times
I agree; but disagree with all the negativity. You All Should be Ashame! I Live in a very safe Neighborhood off (Randolph Rd.) and I pray not near any of you Predjudice folks. * Just a reminder* It doesn't take a bunch of hoodlums to go trick or treating to find out what neighborhoods to go rob or jack it can happen anywhere. Not only that but my children are going to have candy wether they trick or treat or not, so therefore they enjoy trick or treating at a few of our neighbors, just to come home a pass out candy to children less fortunate. (Think I'll go pick up a few extra bags of candy because folks like you may not come to the door for a little kid, who's chaperon is preventing them from getting candy!)

Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,038,907 times
I live in a bedroom community just outside Charlotte. Homes in our neighborhood are on 1 1/2 to 3 acre lots. The neighborhood adjoining ours is on 1/4 to 1/3 acre lots. My kids always preferred to go to the neighborhood next door. More candy for the effort. Our neighborhood is know for giving out multiple full sized candy portions, some neighbors give out more than one per child. It still wasn't enough to entice the kids to trick or treat in our neighborhood exclusively. Some "work" our streets as they return from the adjoining neighborhood.
As my wife says, "Bonus for us"... plenty of full sized candy left for us to gorge on over the next couple of weeks. We usually buy 80 to 100 dollars worth for about 20 t or t'ers. (the big full sized boxes from BJ's, Sam's or Costco)

I don't much care where the kids come from as long as they are polite. I remember my childhood and always looked forward to this night. Why should we treat kids differently? Pleasant memories just might produce pleasant adults in years to come.

Put your scowls, threats, law enforcement, etc. away for a change and start building the kinds of adults we can all cherish in future years.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
When we lived in Plaza-Midwood, that was an excellent neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Lots of decorated houses! Especially along Belvedere Ave.

Dilworth, especially Dilworth Rd. W between Charlotte Ave & East Blvd, is a great place, too! That whole neighborhood decorates, it's a really big deal over there.

I guess that's how it is ideally, but not everyone lives in a neighborhood that participates as much as some do. When I lived in an apartment complex, I was the only person handing out candy! If I'd had kids there, I definitely would have driven in to a different neighborhood.

I know that Dilworth neighborhood expects folks to drive in to see them! They have really elaborate decorations and people dressed up. They buy lots of extra candy, so they're prepared. Such a fun place!
thank you for that I live in a apartment complex and I have three great children who really wants to trick or treat and see the decor, but we are new here and didnt know where to go, but thanks

Old 10-31-2012, 01:55 PM

238 posts, read 567,756 times
We trick or treat in our neighborhood in Matthews. The neighbors go all out, hundreds of kids are out. I do get annoyed when I see kids being dropped off in cars to come here. Especially older kids. You should trick or treat in your own neighborhood, if that's not an option they go to the mall.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:37 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
The lots where I live now are all at least half an acre, so kinda far apart, and we don't get a lot of kids here .

I wouldn't even know if kids weren't from my neighborhood. I don't really care either.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
As long as you are respectful and in costume I don't see a problem with kids being from other neighborhoods. Some of you are so darn bitter. what next, interrogation. and photo ID's to prove you are from the neighborhood?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:45 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,038,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
As long as you are respectful and in costume I don't see a problem with kids being from other neighborhoods. Some of you are so darn bitter. what next, interrogation. and photo ID's to prove you are from the neighborhood?
Photo ID's... lol....... then we can let them vote too!!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
The lots where I live now are all at least half an acre, so kinda far apart, and we don't get a lot of kids here .

I wouldn't even know if kids weren't from my neighborhood. I don't really care either.
Agreed! I don't care where they come from, I love having trick-or-treaters, the more the merrier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte